Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
As production supervisor you will work with the production manager, a team of supervisors and production specialists with other cross functional teams to achieve business goals in a busy high- volume production facility.
Evening shift pattern is Monday - Thursday (4.00pm - 12.00am) & Friday (3.00pm – 10.00pm). However, candidates should be flexible to work different shift patterns to meet the needs of the business as & when required.
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing and controlling resources to ensure production areas achieve the production plan while maintaining safety, quality, service, and cost controls in place for the production line.
- Regularly hold team meetings and line meetings.
- Complete 1:1 performance reviews with operators on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for meeting production Plans & Schedules as agreed with the Production Control Department and Production Manager.
- Be capable of leading and guiding the cross functional teams in providing permanent solutions to technical / quality issues.
- Engage with all employees to foster teamwork ensuring everyone contributes to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Maintain and foster a safe workplace environment.
- Develop systems and procedures for continuous improvements utilizing lean tools, systems, procedures and techniques to drive continuous improvements across the production department and plant.
- Report performance against agreed metrics.
- Drive practical problem-solving activity in order to meet all key performance metrics. Collaborating with key groups and stakeholders to conduct root cause analysis and eliminate rework.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory requirements at all times, such as AS9100/ISO14001.
- Implement and monitor operational efficiencies throughout the production processes. Understand and fully implement Microchip’s Guiding Values.
- Diploma/Degree in Business Management or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of leading/managing people, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Essential Skills / Attributes
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal. Ability to communicate effectively with own team, other functions and the management team.
- Action oriented and enjoys a challenge; drives for results, is versatile, flexible and is willing to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Team player and ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to identify improvements in manufacturing methods and processes.
- Strong understanding of the pressures associated in leading a production team.
- Flexibility to work within different shift patterns is essential.