Projects E&I Engineer - North Dublin - Perm
A vacancy now exists for a Projects E & I Engineer. Our client is a leader in the medical imaging field offering health professionals innovative and effective contrast agents, medical devices and innovative solutions indispensable to diagnostic and interventional imaging to improve patients' prognosis for all major diseases and quality of life.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the purpose of this role will be to support the Technical Services Department in delivering solutions to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. Manage projects from small and medium to large engineering projects related to the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients. Involvement typically runs from conception through design, construction, start-up and validation. Direct the project activities of outsourced engineers and designers where required
Principle accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the overall site strategic plan by ensuring investment is targeted to ensure plant reliability, process reliability and the mission critical goals.
- Manage detailed design and specifications to outside engineering firms on engineering projects.
Represent the site / company in contracts with outside vendors, contractors,engineers, regulatory authorities and consultants on a frequent basis during execution of a major project.
- Advise plant management on best courses of action on projects, technical matters and project economics.
- Analyse and propose solutions to technical problems and consider alternate projects.
Possess a high level of proficiency in a technical core competency.
- Develop Project KPIs and report project performance to corporate as required.
- Work with personnel from Manufacturing, Maintenance, Quality, EHS, Commercial and Financial organizations to develop project scopes, schedules, and cost estimates. Incorporates investment and business data into a Capital Expenditure Authorisation (CEA, application for approval of funds) for medium to large projects.
- Manages safety action closure, method statements, validation activities, risk assessments, etc on assigned projects.
- Manage any additional contract resources as required.
- Manage engineering projects from conception through start-up.
Applicants must have
- Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent required.
- 3+ years industrial experience in a projects or engineering role.
- Budget Awareness/adherence
- Good influencing skills
- Proven communication skills and an ability to interface with clients/vendors etc.
- Ability to use leadership skills (& behaviours) to positively manage and motivate others and get the best results through others.
- Strong problem resolution, judgement and decision making skills.
- Detailed knowledge & demonstration of Project Management essential.
- Formal Project Management training and certification is desirable
- Ability to generate and manage projects to schedule.
- A sound working knowledge of safety legislation and safety methodology.
- Capable of setting clear priorities and organising work and making quality decisions in a fast paced business setting.
- Full training on all the responsibilities of this role will be provided.
Successful applicants can expect to join an enthusiastic, energetic and hard working team.
Contact Kyle.ORiordan@cpl.ie for more info.