Project Engineer – Mechanical – Production/Manufacturing
Permanent role – Longford/Westmeath border
Our client is a very successful Irish Indigenous company with plants across Ireland and UK.
They have great opportunities currently within their Engineering Department to work in cutting edge machines and equipment including the latest technology used within the industry, to support a large production organisation.
They are looking to take on ambitious and skilful Project Engineers to get involved in projects within their plant in Longford and also across other plants around Ireland and UK, as and when projects come up.
The successful candidates will assisting the project management team by overseeing the development of various stages of a wide variety of projects, ensuring progression against identified milestones and the overall project plan. The successful candidate will be involved in every stage and level from concept to completion of the projects assigned with specific contributions to the project as detailed below.
- Advise, Assist and Review in initiating Project Applications.
- Liaise with Project Sponsor
- Prepare Capital Expenditure/Application/Business case
- Assess current situation
- Prepare Project plan/practical steps/milestones
- Outline Cost Benefit analysis – along with a number of proposed solutions including leaving current situation
- Full adherence to H&S requirements
- ID training requirements
- Include supportive drawings
- Carry out Project Management upon the Approval of Projects
- Capture project plan, objectives and specifications
- Assume Engineering control of assigned projects
- Manage & Coordinate:
- Planning Applications
- Design stage -create project drawings
- Tender documentation and Bills of Quantity & Tender Analysis
- Contract Selection
- Assign Site Supervisor based in the plant
- Manage and Co-ordinate (Plant and Machinery)-
- User Requirement Specification
- Project Contract & Design Specification
- Tender analysis/Selection
- Co-ordinate/approve Health & Safety Risk assessment and Method Statements
- Monitor Training
- Managing projects and supervising personnel in the management of assigned projects from award to completion
- Verification of completed works
- Statutory requirements, Company directives and procedures – adherence to Company H&S and Policy Procedures
- Cost Reduction
- Promoting cost reduction through new technology and innovation
- The successful candidate(s) will be working as part of the Projects Management Team, and be prepared to travel to where projects are taking place across Ireland and UK.
- Must be working in a similar role with 2 to 5 years’ experience as a Project Engineer within a Production or Manufacturing environment.
- Degree level or equivalent in relevant discipline such as Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in Project Management ideally in the Food Industry or at least Production or Manufacturing environments.
- Experience working on various types of machinery and equipment and how they work – Conveyors, Pullies, Motors, Vacuum Packers, Sensors, Infra-Red, Refrigeration etc _ _ _.
- Project Management experience using best practice methods and technologies
- Experience of planning, preparation and budget monitoring
- Good People Management Skills – with proven experience in getting the best out of a project team.
- Good IT skills required for a role like this.
- Must have experience in using and reading AutoCAD diagrams/drawings
- Health & Safety Management Training
- Knowledge of local Planning procedures
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Personal development plan
- Skilled communicator – both verbal and written
- Good Negotiation skills and interpersonal skills
- Positive and motivated person
- Ability to drive change and improvement. Innovative
- Logical thinker
- Proven ability to being a good Team player