Our client, a global bio pharmaceutical company based in the midlands is looking for a Project Manager to be part of a multi-discipline team, specifically responsible for assisting the lead in the cost and schedule aspects of the Suite scope. This candidate will be required to work closely with a cross-functional team and coordinate activities between Design, Construction, Process, Technical Operations, C&Q, and QA.
- Assist in the development of the overall project schedule for the delivery of all aspects of the project scope.
- Provide support for the administration, within a project charter, of the project execution within the overall capital project budget and schedule.
- Develop, document, agree and implement an execution strategy to deliver the scope in a controlled and well communicated manner.
- Coordinate the design effort with the contract engineering firm and ensure compliance to local & Global Standards.
- Facilitate engineering and user requirements for the black utility systems.
- Facilitate project job specification processes with A/E and end user.
- Develop or contribute to the pertinent Mechanical/HVAC/Utility narratives for the project.
- Design Manual and subsequent Design Reports.
- Coordinate review of design material from the owner’s side including Layout reviews, P&ID/AF&ID reviews, Process Descriptions, Job Specifications, and PO’s/Data Sheets.
- Coordinate, along with procurement, vendor qualification/selection for major equipment and packaged equipment.
- Assist in the assurance that project utilities designs are safe, constructible, operable, maintainable, economical, and compliant with regulatory requirements and authorized project scope.
- Participate in Value Engineering.
- Attend FATs when appropriate.
- Review C&Q plans/protocols as related to systems.
- Provide coordination expertise during C&Q activities as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of C&Q start-up activities, punch list follow-up.
- Liaise with the various stakeholders on the overall project to ensure clear communication between all parties.
- Facilitate/expedite Mechanical Completion in conjunction with the Construction team. (Liaise with construction contractors towards successful completion of Construction Turn Over Documentation).
- Coordinate third party vendors during SAT execution. Review and contribute to SAT protocols.
- Lead and attend daily communication meetings, as appropriate, with project teams and report progress.
- Assist in investigations of process equipment, utility systems, and control system anomalies, as well as safety incidents.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment by enforcing procedures, policies, and regulations.
- Safety of all suite team members for the duration of the design, construct, commission validate and handover of the suite scope.
- Delivery of the agreed milestones on the schedule within budget constraints.
- Delivery of stakeholder agreed scope for the project facilities to Commissioning Qualification or as appropriate Process Qualifications.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering or Science Degree in Engineering or Technology related discipline.
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience similar role in Pharmaceutical Process/ Building/Utilities systems within Pharmaceutical industry.
- Working knowledge of standards as they apply in biotechnology processes industries and a working knowledge of FDA and EU regulations is preferred.
- Experience of design and or construction/handover of pharmaceutical process and/or building facilities for pharmaceutical facilities.
- Ability to work in design and construction large project environment within Ireland.
- Working knowledge of control systems and automation.
- Working knowledge of C&Q documentation required for cGMP project delivery.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, database management software, CAD software, and PCs.