The Project Manager- NPD, will be reporting to the Head of R&D and work collaboratively across all functions of the business, managing new product development from inception to launch.
- Manage New Product Introductions from inception to launch.
- Leading core teams drawn from all relevant functions (R&D, Operations, Marketing, Regulatory, Commercial), as well as managing the R&D design aspect of the project.
- Working with Electronic, Software and Mechanical functions to scope out a detailed design, development and test plan.
- Manage small enhancement projects, encompassing all BMR functions.
- Assist operations with the consolidation of documents and specifications required for RFQ, prototyping and production.
- Maintain product and process quality.
- Deliver projects within the guidelines set out in the BMR Quality System.
- Participate in external audits of the project.
- Ensure accountability by each team member for the quality of their work.
- Manage the R&D design control milestones around design verification and validation, risk analysis and the risk management plan.
- Ensure that the design control documentation is in line with the BMR quality system.
- Contribute to multi-functional project teams.
- Liaise with other departments such as Operations, Quality, finance & marketing throughout the life of the project.
- Strong Project Management skills (PMI certification an advantage)
- An engineering background with a university degree or equivalent and Ideally looking for a someone who has 5+ years’ experience in a PM role within Medical Devices, Consumer Electronics or Automotive industries Experience in managing the Design Control Process is a distinct advantage.
- This role is very hands on and practical. A previous background in Mechanical Engineering or Electronics would be required.
- Exposure to embedded systems design.
- Previous experience leading multi-functional core project teams is essential
- A willingness to take on the responsibility of driving projects from concept to launch.
- Proven track record in: Project planning and tracking, Risk Analysis & Management, Cost planning and control, Negotiation & Assertiveness, Excellent analytical and problem-solving approach.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Annual Bonus Scheme.
- Eligibility for Company Pension Scheme.
If you’re interested in this or other medical device jobs, please contact Emma O’Carroll on 021 422 1000 or apply with your CV
Annual Bonus Scheme, Healthcare, Eligibility for Company Pension Scheme.