Our clients, a multi-nation engineering firm, are looking for recruit an experienced Project Planner to join their team. The role will be to Lead planning, scheduling and cost control efforts for all project phases. Maintain and analyse actual and forecasted schedules, cost and risk. Monitor, report and manage deviations. Primvera P6 and Microsoft Project a requirement for this role.
- 1. Instructions and guidelines:
- Ensures projects follow sound methodology and execution practices in accordance with internal standard procedures. Ensures that an integrated schedule and cost control performance measurement process for the project’s entire scope of work is provided.
- 2. Planning and scheduling
- Analyses project requirements with project team, checks that all essential work activities have been identified in sufficient detail to serve as a basis for developing realistic project schedules. Defines, jointly with the project team, project work and cost breakdown structure, develops and maintains properly linked, required resource
- loaded/integrated, baseline and current schedules that provide time phased baseline, actual and forecast data for project. Monitors project progress and regularly analyses project critical paths to ensure all critical path activities and project milestones are progressed to the plan, notifies Project Managers of any deviations or scheduling issues and provides input for optimizing resources. Issues progress reports, program updates and productivity data on a regular basis.
- 3. Cost, revenue and cash flow management
- Establishes a baseline plan for cost and cash flow performance measurement. Works with project team to define the necessary resources for project completion, evaluating the work breakdown structure and standard productivity. Accurately monitors costs and project cash flow, maintains detailed estimate to complete and estimate at completion forecast, analyses variances by using earned value management techniques and advises project management on any cost and cash flow issues arising.
- 4. Change management
- Works closely with engineering, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, client and contractors to identify potential changes in scope and quantify the impact of each change in a timely fashion. Administers the change order systems and advises the Project Manager on the cost impact of potential changes and ensures the control estimate/budget is current and reflects changes.
- 5. Risk management
- Works with project team to identify and assess the priority of project risks (e.g. schedule, cost and scope risks), maintains the risk register and proposes mitigation plans. Analyses impact of risk on the overall timeline and costs.
- 6. Procurement
- Integrates material resource requirements with project schedule and defines procurement activities and order lead times.
- Regularly communicates with SCM team and updates schedules to ensure procurement activities take place in a timely way and lead times are optimized to meet schedule targets.
- Proven experience as a Project Planner
- Finance degree or similar
- Good Team Player
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in high
- Pressurized environments
- Experience working in large organisation
- High attention to detail