We are looking for a Project QS/ Estimator to join our team! The Tandem Project Controls department operates as part of a multi-disciplinary team, serving both our Clients and internal management, in the following areas: Cost Management, Estimating, Contracts Administration, Procurement, Document Control, Scheduling and Progress Measurement of Engineering during Design.
The Project QS/ Estimator will carry out various project control functions on projects during the design, procurement, construction and C&Q phases. Responsibilities will include project estimates, preparation of contract documents, commercial analysis, recommendation & award of contracts, cost reporting, preparation of change notices, and all contract administration during installation and construction until final close out.
- General administration duties including management of documents, maintenance of registers and updating of documentation.
- Prepare cost plans / budget estimate and cost reports from concept development right through detailed design to construction and commissioning.
- Prepare tender enquiry packages for CSA, Mechanical & Electrical contracts.
- Analysis and reporting of contractor tender bids.
- Administration of reporting of contract packages, including assessment of variations, progress measurement, assessment of payment applications.
- Provide input in the preparation of in-house earned value progress measurement during the of projects.
- Provide input into the preparation of project schedules.
- Gathering and retention of historic data and benchmarking metrics.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Quantity Surveying, Project Management qualification.
- 2+ years experience in Project Controls and or Project Quantity Surveying.
- Computer literate in Excel, Word, MS Project, PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team.