JOB TITLE: Project & Senior Project Engineers, Water Services Department
REF. NO: J4527
REPORT TO: Associate /Director
We are currently recruiting Project & Senior Project Engineers to work as key members of our water services team in our Dublin officeprimarily focusing on flooding, water and wastewater network and treatment projects.
The successful candidates will become key participants in the water services team, assisting in the delivery and management of projects for key public and private clients in Ireland.
The successful candidates will be based full-time in our office in Dublin.
- Works as part of a team with focus on design and construction of above and below ground assets relating to water, wastewater and flood defence projects
· Assists in the project management of major projects and manage smaller projects with little supervision
· Takes responsibility for quality of deliverables and meeting project goals
· Liaises with a broad range of clients and engages in development of client relationships
· Advances professional and technical knowledge, by attending professional workshops, reading professional publications, establishing excellent networks, participating in professional societies
· Prepares excellent technical reports and presentations for internal and external use
· Enhances company reputation by taking ownership over new and diverse client requests/challenges, proactively exploring opportunities to add extra value to job accomplishments
The Candidates should ideally have:
· Level 8 degree in Civil, Environmental, or related discipline. A post graduate degree would be advantageous
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in the design, procurement and contract supervision of water services projects including flood defence schemes
· Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team working skills and analytical skills
· Ability to lead and motivate themselves and others, willingly takes ownership of issues and seeks team participation to achieve best solution
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations
· Ability to devise new approaches to problems encountered
- Excellent IT skills, familiar with relevant computer applications (MS Word, MS Excel in particular, MS Project,, GIS, MIKE, Infoworks ICM or other hydraulic modelling packages desirable) and simulation software
- Knowledge of BIM would be advantageous
- Knowledge of hydrology would be advantageous
- Experience in flood risk management, river and coastal flood alleviation or flood risk design and modelling would be advantageous
- Familiarity with the hydrological methods and hydraulic modellingtechnical notes used in the CFRAM studies would be advantageous
If you would like to join a company that will challenge you to be creative in design and solutions and is passionate about the service it provides, join RPS. In return, you will be offered a dynamic and stimulating career with an attractive reward package along with a great team environment. In addition, we deliver a comprehensive training and development programme for all professional levels.
At RPS, we are a recognised leader in multidisciplinary engineering, environmental, project communications and project management consultancy. Internationally, we have over 5,000 people developing pioneering, revolutionary ideas on strategic, sustainable policies and projects. In Ireland, we employ 600 of the most talented, high-performing professionals in the industry.
Closing Date: 30th March 2018
We do not require the assistance of Agencies at this time
Note: As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of RPS’s business, key responsibilities will evolve and change over time.