Job Title: Purchasing Officer /Manager
Salary: Neg Doe
The position will be in a busy Manufacturing / Construction company, based outside Co Carlow. This is an administrative position dealing with purchasing, incoming orders, stock control and logistics, using an ERP software system.
- Daily use of a Herbst ERP software system which will integrate with all areas of the business.
- Regular maintenance of stock levels and stock control
- Processing purchase orders to be sent to
- Checking and receipting incoming
- Placing forward stock orders with suppliers and organising import of
- Sourcing materials and parts from new suppliers.
- Carrying out cost benefit analysis on new suppliers, parts and hauliers.
- Recording and following up on incoming goods quality
- Negotiating prices and supply agreements with both existing and new
- Updating database of supplier details and products, and ensuring prices are
- Organisation of incoming and outgoing deliveries via external hauliers and internal production
- Management of plant and machinery maintenance and testing
Previous experience in a similar role essential. Good software systems experience, proficient in MS Excel and Sage/SAP/Herbst experience an advantage. Be self-disciplined with excellent time management skills, excellent oral & written communication & strong negotiation skills.
If the position above is of interest to you, or you would like to keep up to date with jobs within our specialised industries, send your CV Today! and feel free to register at www.elkrecruitment.com
If this position please contact me on 0860483963