Johnstown, Co. Kildare
Established in 1983, our client is an independent, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring the wellbeing of Ireland’s horse population. They provide high-quality laboratory services to diagnose, manage and prevent disease in horses and many other animals. A vast amount of other laboratory services are also provided. Details of all accredited testing is available on the INAB website. They are one of four OIE Reference Laboratories for Equine Influenza in the world.
Our client is committed to delivering a world-class service to their clientele of over 600 veterinary practices, so quality assurance is paramount. The centre is ISO 17025 Accredited since 2004 and is recognised as such by INAB.
They are now looking for a QA Auditor to join their QA Department in Johnstown.
- Competitive salary
- Employer pension contribution
- VHI group discount
- Fast-paced and engaging work environment
- Become part of a team who are passionate about delivering exceptional services
If you have a background as an ISO 17025 auditor, this is an exceptional opportunity to join a leading organisation with an outstanding reputation.
You will have the chance to play an important role in upholding our client’s quality standards, enabling them to maintain their standing as leading experts in their industry.
As the QA Auditor, you will carry out audits on a wide range of accredited tests.
Reporting to the Head of Quality, you will ensure operations comply with ISO 17025 quality standards. You will audit tests in the following disciplines:
- Biological and veterinary, such as microbiology, virology, animal feed, environmental and nutrition
- Chemical, such as ELISA and mass spectrometry
To be considered as a QA Auditor, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience as an ISO 17025 auditor
- A strong understanding of the ISO 17025 quality standard and the ability to understand the concepts underlying the laboratory activities being audited
- To be a high-level user of a document management system, ideally Q-Pulse
- A high level of IT literacy, including advanced MS Word and Excel skills,
- A Bachelor of Science degree (or equivalent)
- The ability to work as part of a team cross functionally and achieve results in relation to auditing and continuous improvement
- Strong audit reporting skills and the ability to write valid and factual non-conformity reports
- The ability to undertake audit follow-up activities, including evaluating the effectiveness of corrective action
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills with a strategic focus on root cause analysis
- The ability to professionally liaise with External Auditors, Head of Quality, Laboratory Managers and staff
- The ability to establish and maintain equipment calibration provider relationships and a monitor equipment calibration schedule
Other organisations may call this role Auditor, Quality Auditor, QA Officer, Quality Assurance Analyst, Quality Systems Auditor, ISO 17025 Auditor, ISO Auditor, or Laboratory Auditor.
Webrecruit Ireland and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of QA Auditor (Laboratory Quality Systems), please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 9:00 – 17:00, Monday – Friday