IPS is hiring! We are looking for a talented QEHS Engineer to join our industry leading Design & Construction Management Team at our Dublin Ireland office.
The QEHS Engineer provides leadership on assigned projects and acts to achieve safety, environmental and client relationship objectives. They will also participate in bid opportunities and may, dependent on project requirements and skillset, deliver technical project elements. The QEHS may be assigned to work from our Dublin Office or on-site at a Client.
- Manages delivery of individual projects and holds particular responsibility for achievement of cost, schedule and quality objectives.
- Inputs and supports Project Engineers, Construction Manager and Site Superintendents on assigned projects.
- Manages the delivery of design in conjunction with Design Managers with respect to QEHS.
- Manages the QEHS compliance approach of projects.
- Ensures achievement of safety objectives on assigned projects.
- Ensures achievement of corporate goals for assigned projects.
- Coordinates resources to achieve project goals.
- Manages client interaction on assigned projects and promotes positive relationships.
- Identifies risks to project and corporation and works with EMEA Management team to mitigate risks.
- Special projects as assigned.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports development of prime contract with Client. Develops working knowledge of prime contract requirements.
- Works with EMEA Management to identify what resources (including partner organisations) are needed to deliver projects. Creates a positive empowered team with high levels of value and the control needed to execute projects.
- Develops and maintains written preconstruction, construction and closeout execution plans, obtains review and approval from Project Executive and/or Director of Operations, and communicates to project team.
- Develops and maintains written project scopes of work and communicates to project team.
- Develops and maintains project schedules, including targeted and actual activities lists, durations, and sequencing logic and communicates to project Works closely with Construction Management and Design team to monitor performance against target schedule and implement corrective actions against non-conformances. Coordinates design, commissioning and qualification schedule requirements with project schedule.
- Works with Estimating to develop project budgets. Coordinates delivery of basis documents to Estimating. Obtains review and approval from EMEA Management and communicates to project team.
- Monitors and reports project costs, including values committed, forecast to commit, allowances for growth and actually expended. Works closely with Construction Manager and Superintendents to ensure that field events, conditions, exceptions and issues are fully reflected in cost reports. Carefully forecasts final cost of project periodically.
- Manages changes to prime contract, including change control documentation and related financial documentation. Vigorously protects corporate positions.
- Coordinates with Financial group to invoice client and manage Accounts Receivable to meet corporate goals. Works with financial group to manage project financial issues.
- Ensures achievement of contractually required quality in design and works with Construction Manager and Superintendents to ensure achievement of contractually required quality for the project.
- Oversees site safety for assigned projects and coordinates with Construction Manager, Superintendents and safety resources, including subconsultants, to establish site safety program, monitor site safety and correct nonconformances.
- Monitors design content and coordinates design revisions for constructability and compliance with basis documents, schedule and budget.
- Procures and coordinates all required project resources, including partners, supply chain and internal resources.
- Prepares and manages subcontracts and purchase orders, including change control documentation and related financial documentation.
- Coordinates with Financial group to evaluate vendor and subcontractor invoices and arrange for payment as required to meet project and corporate goals.
- Ensures fluid, organized, documented communication between all project participants.
- Ensures that all project documents are distributed, reviewed and stored to meet project and corporate requirements. Project documents include records of communications, design documents, bid packages, agenda, bulletins and submittals, etc.
- Ensures that all IPS design, construction and compliance activities on projects comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements. Manages submissions and payments to authorities within the given jurisdiction to obtain permits for all IPS activities.
- Supports project/client development process with presentations and related marketing activities.
- Supports EMEA Management with the preparation of proposals.
- Maintains personal competency in relevant professional areas.
- Maintains long-term industry relationships.
Job Duties of the Project Supervisor for the Design Process (PSDP) and Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS):
The duty of the PSDP/PSCS is to ensure co-ordination of the works throughout the project. The PSDP/PSCS must:
- Manage and contribute to projects during both the design and construction life cycle phases of the projects including coordinating Design Risk assessments, PHA, and Hazops.
- Identify hazards arising from the design/construction or from the technical, organisational, planning or time related aspects of the project.
- Where possible, eliminate the hazards or reduce the risks.
- Communicate necessary control measure, design assumptions or remaining risks to the PSCS (where appropriate) so they can be dealt with in the safety and health plan.
- Ensure that the work of designers is coordinated to ensure safety.
- Organise co-operation between designers.
- Prepare a written safety and health plan for any project where construction will take more than 500 person days or 30 working days or there is a particular risk and deliver it to the client prior to tender.
- Prepare a safety file for the completed structure and give it to the client.
- Notify the Authority and the client of non-compliance with any written directions issued.
- The PSDP/PSCS may issue directions to designers or contractors or others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related discipline or an equivalent technical degree.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience executing project delivery, 5 of which must be in a QEHS role, specifically within the Life Sciences/Pharmaceutical Industries.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost-effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,450 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and four locations in India. Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com.
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.