We are a medium sized building contractor based in Co. Meath and are looking for a Intermediate Quantity Surveyor to join our growing team.
The ideal person for this position will be degree qualified and will have a minimum of 3 year experience working as a Quantity Surveyor for building contractors & civil engineers.
This is a permanent, full-time position.
Key Skills & Attributes
- Understand reading and interpretation of drawings and specifications
- Capable of securing request for tenders and managing tender processes
- Experience and familiarity with the construction and service industry
- Clear and fluent knowledge of computers and experience working with spreadsheets & Buildsoft
- Exceptional communication skills and command of the English language
- Ability to work in an office, and in the field, in a fast paced environment
- Enjoy various challenges with a multitasked position, from sales through to the completion of a building project
- Excellent attention to detail with a passion for numbers and figures and an understanding of value
- Preparing budgets and bills of quantities
- Writing reports and carrying out final accounts
- Overseeing the cost & variations to the contracts
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritise and plan work activities, use time efficiently, set goals and objectives
- Possess excellent administration skills and good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive outlook
- Team player who will work with others to achieve company goals and to provide cover where needed
- Ability to liaise with clients and staff, and to support the Senior Quantity Surveyor
Please send CV to: