Currently in a phase of expansion following its recent acquisition by a large multinational organisation, our client is a successful next generation medical device technology company. Due to recent breakthroughs and a burgeoning project portfolio, the organisation is looking to recruit a talented R&D Engineer with a speciality in Mechatronics.
Reporting to the R&D Manager the R&D Engineer will be responsible for:
- Developing, improving and extending the company's existing technology and intellectual property portfolio.
- Grasping the clinical needs and understand the disease state, keeping up-to-date with the latest in medical devices and technologies.
- Designing, building and operating computer controlled electro-mechanical test equipment.
- Drafting, reviewing and executing technical procedures and reports.
- Identifying and contacting vendors to acquire materials and equipment.
- Subscribing to personal development and continuous improvement opportunities, building technical skillsets.
The ideal R&D Engineer will possess:
- An Engineering or Scientific Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant discipline with a focus particularly on electronics and mechanical theory.
- Relevant experience working in the medical device industry.
- A drive to complete tasks as part of a team but also independently as required, is a must.
- A knowledge of SolidWorks, CAD, MatLab, Labview and MS Office.
- High level of engagement and enthusiasm as well as a grasp of prioritisation and ability to work to deadlines is required.
To find out more about this opportunity apply online or call Aidan Toner directly for a confidential chat on +353 91 782110.
- Employee Events
- Free Food and Coffee
- Gym Memberships
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Transportation Allowance