I am delighted to be working with this Irish manufacturing group, who designs, develops and manufactures exterior trim components for the global automotive industry. They supply products throughout Europe, the Americas and Australia. Due to rapid expansion and new business acquisition, an opportunity has now arisen for an R&D Scientist to join their team.
This R&D Scientist role presents an exciting opportunity to further your career in one of the most challenging industries with direct involvement in the development of new model programs with customers including Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche, BMW, Volkswagen, PSA and Ford.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself and let's start a conversation!.
The role of the R&D Scientist is to be the lead scientific advisor to the business, including provision of technical support and guidance to production processes, research and development projects and activities within the company's projects portfolio. The R&D Scientist will work closely with groups of engineers, scientists and manufacturing staff, as part of a team, to enable the successful execution of development processes and product improvement projects
- Plan, organise and execute R&D projects. Perform Design of Experiments (DoE). Prepare R&D test samples and perform studies as required for the R&D programme.
- Actively pursue continuous improvement projects in the areas of process technical performance, environmental impact and efficiency.
- Collect, analyse and interpret technical data, generate reports including conclusions and recommendations.
- Document and maintain appropriate records to comply with company and customers policies and procedures.
- Disseminate information to all stakeholders through reports, presentations or data reviews.
- Oversee daily operations of all onsite test laboratories to ensure that all assigned tasks are performed in a compliant manner. Develop and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instruction (WIs) and ensure compliance with company WIs, SOPs and GLP requirements at all time.
- Support, mentor and train laboratory staff and junior team members, instilling a culture of excellence and continuous improvement. Ensure that all training delivered is documented according to procedure.
- Liaise with external vendors for laboratory equipment selection, installation and commissioning.
- Comply with all safety and quality policies and requirements. Assure that the laboratories maintain a safe working area.
- Support manufacturing operations.
- Develop and maintain plant control documents (control plans, validation test plans and process flows). Participate in Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) development.
- Investigate quality problems associated with product manufacturing and implementing corrective and preventative measures (CAPAs). Root cause analysis.
- Participate in cross functional teams as required and provide support with Six Sigma continuous improvement projects and process optimisation using tools such as DMAIC and FMEA.
- Ensure laboratory compliance with Health and Safety, Quality Management System and all regulatory requirements related to the role.
- Maintenance and calibration of all laboratory equipment.
- Liaise with external customers and suppliers to define and improve manufacturing and development operations.
- Degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical engineering or a related technical field
- Operational experience of quality laboratories
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with clear goals
- Excellent communication experience, documentation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
To review the full job description and for a confidential discussion contact
Felicity on 086 7821714