Red Hat Linux Administrator – Contract, Dublin 8
A leading Global solutions provider requires a Linux Systems Administrator for a minimum 12-month contract based in Dublin 8. You will join an existing team responsible for expanding, maintaining and designing core infrastructure Cloud solutions.
Red Hat Linux Administrator Role and Responsibilities:
This role will see the successful candidate responsible for the configuration, implementation, and deployment of systems and management of security issues, as well as managing system backups and adding and removing users.
- Build, install, configure, and maintain Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) environments.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of the Red Hat environment.
- Research root cause of problems and escalate to engineering and vendor support as necessary.
- Develop, automate, and implement operations best practices, including Active Directory integrations, advanced network configuration, Operating System Hardening.
- Effectively collaborate with Server, Storage, Network, Development, and Support teams.
- Follow established Enterprise change management procedures.
- Participate in Business Continuation / Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing.
- Must have the ability to understand and relate to new products, technology, strategy and be able to follow directions.
- Have the ability to identify and evaluate resources and plan for the utilisation throughout the execution of comprehensive, long range plans.
- Have the ability to devise new approaches to make improvements or to solve problems.
- Have an ability and willingness to approach solutions in a hands-on manner when required.
What you need:
- A degree level qualification, preferably in Computer Science, ICT, or Telecommunications.
- 3+ years’ Linux Admin experience.
- Knowledge of Red Hat Linux, ideally holding Red Hat Certified System Administrator.
- Advanced experience with Red Hat Linux versions: RHEL 5, RHEL 6, and RHEL 7.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools to find problems, issue resolution/troubleshooting, and/or issue escalation.
- Proven ability to provide ownership of technical issues from assignment until resolution in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Proven experience in bash scripting
What’s on offer:
- Excellent Daily Rate depending on experience
- Competitive package
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in person or with one of our IT Resourcers please forward your CV to Vantage Resources or contact Clare Grogan on +353 1 295 2850 for a confidential discussion. Vantage Resources will not forward your details without prior discussion and approval.
Vantage Resources is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for engagement and/or employment. An inclusive and diverse workforce is an essential part of the development of our organization’s culture which we believe enhances both our working environment and the service we provide to our customers.