Regional Buyer (HID5735)
Location: Galway, Ireland
Working at HID:
HID Global is an innovative fast-paced organisation, with many possibilities to make a difference and add value. HID is recognised for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
We value diversity and endorse an open-minded collaborative working environment
The Regional Buyer will play a pivotal role in ensuring HID Global exceed Customer expectations through the delivery of best in class Procurement execution. Based at HID Global’s Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Fulfillment Center, this role is to ensure that inventory is in place to support and exceed Production configuration and Customer demands or expectations. Leading supplier management and coordinating with Buyers as appropriate to ensure alignment across regions. Acts as the key point of interface between Demand Planning, Sourcing, Supply Planning and Suppliers and effectively communicates to ensure execution of the Supply Plan. Drives OTD performance and Inventory turns improvements through Supply Chain best practice underpinned by strong professional relationships with HID BU and Contract Manufacturing partners.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and monitor the execution of the P2P and tactical procurement processes, in compliance with global and regional standards, in procuring materials and services for both internal and external suppliers.
- Oversee the effective delivery of end-to-end service globally ensuring the proper execution of the P2P process: from requisition handling, to PO placement and tracking, to PO changes, to PO close.
- Management of end to end material flow from source to production availability.
- Analyse, understand, make recommendations, communicate, and execute component/material consumption and signals to regional sites and to Demand or Supply Planning.
- Highlighting exceptions and opportunities for improvement as appropriate.
- Devise and implement strategies for buying commodities from supplier. Implement, refine and execute to appropriate material replenishment strategies.
- Analyse global demands for the assigned commodities and make recommendations through collaboration with global counterparts. Command proficiency in commodities and buying processes and update as required.
- Assess, evaluate and suggest reliable commodity suppliers. Implement and Advise management on purchases. Interface between suppliers and operational team on buying processes.
- Contribute towards ensuring that integration of new, replacement and obsolete products, as well as the integration of new businesses are managed using best practice business methods.
- Review and maintain data integrity on material including BOMs, Routings, Item Master and lead-times.
- Coach team members in successfully delivering procurement execution services.
- Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and Ways of Working, as documented and maintained by Procurement, Supply Planning and Demand Planning as defined by SOP’s within Agile, in the delivery of all services provided.
- Ensure all activities take place in accordance with corporate policies and processes, defined governance and delegations of authority, ethics and compliance policy, as well as external laws and regulations.
- Exhibit behaviours in leading the team (in the absence of Procurement Manager) and engaging with external stakeholders.
- Participate, collaborate, and support global forums for inventory strategy
- Be an active advocate for continuous process improvement and driving changes.
- Provide performance feedback on team members to team members and inform the Procurement Manager and the Global Procurement leadership, indicating areas of proficiency, opportunities for development, and areas for intervention.
- Deliver high level execution through robust planning, ongoing coaching, and effective interventions.
- Supervise team in the successful transition of activities to standard procedures and central delivery, where required.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Accounting, Business Administration or closely related field
- Professional PSCM qualification (CPSM or MCIPS or equivalent)
- 5+ years concurrent experience in a Manufacturing / Distribution Operation
- Excellent project management skills, PSCM Competencies.
- Previous experience with MRP replenishment systems is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to perform and produce results in multifunctional teams is required.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills required
- Must present a positive and cooperative attitude.
- Experience with leading projects is required; certified PMP is a plus
- Must be comfortable speaking with and presenting to all levels of management
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of ISO9001 or other similar business systems
- Experience with Six Sigma and / or Lean concepts is desired.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- In particular ability to manipulate data with Excel – Lookup, Pivots, Concat & Macro’s
- Familiar with Oracle or similar ERP system
- Familiar with Agile system or similar PLM system
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in a fast paced warehouse environment, within a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels, frequent physical activity lifting up to 25 Kgs, able to stand and walk continuously during assigned shift..
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork including international travel may be required; therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the Republic of Ireland.
Final Application Date: 7th February 2020
*No 3rd party agency engagement required for this role*
HID Global is an equal opportunities employer
HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. Our trusted identity solutions give people secure and convenient access to physical and digital places and connect things that can be accurately identified, verified and tracked digitally. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand.