This role involves providing support and oversight to the Directors of Nursing (DONs) within the region (Leinster) in meeting their performance and quality objectives. The role will focus on five key areas: core operations, budgets, regulatory requirements, project delivery, and strategy. The Regional Operations Director will report to the CEO and liaise with the other members of the Senior Management Team (SMT) on progress and developments.
· In conjunction with the DONs for each home in the region build and sustain the occupancy levels, developing both community and hospital referrals together with contract bed arrangements.
· In collaboration with the CEO and SMT to develop an annual operating plan that supports the Region's short, medium and long term operations strategies
· Oversee the development and implement of efficient and good operating practices within the homes
· Develop budgets and business plans for the region and the individual homes in conjunction with the finance teams and other SMT members.
· Ensure that commercial targets of the homes within the region are achieved while maintaining high-quality standards that exceed regulatory requirements
- Analyse current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary.
· Ensure that the regulatory and quality objectives within the homes are maintained and developed. In light of Covid-19, particular regard should be paid to maintaining the Covid-19 status of the homes.
· Support the business in its growth objectives and in particular undertake the management of the integration of any newly acquired homes within the region together with the ramp-up of any new build and extensions.
· Build good working relationships within the SMT so that the functional expertise available at Regional level is deployed to achieve best practice throughout the homes.
· Contribute positively and work with the SMT so that the objectives of the business are achieved.
· Support and identify technological and innovative solutions within the business.
· Uphold organisation policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed
· Liaise with external and regulatory bodies, as necessary.
· Build and sustain strong collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including Directors of Nursing, Senior Management team, Government bodies - HIQA, NTPF, etc.
· Keep the CEO fully informed in a timely and candid manner of the conduct of the day-to-day operations of the Regional towards the achievement of all its established goals and of all material deviations from the goals or objectives and policies established by the Board
· Support the implementation of quality initiatives across the Regional homes.
· Ensure the development of appropriate health and safety practices for the Region and oversee compliance with such practices.
· Oversee the Region's compliance with safety regulations as they apply to the nursing home sector ensuring that safety protocols and other regulatory obligations are followed
Qualifications and Experience:
· Post Graduate degree or Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field
· 10+ years in a large and complex organisation.
· Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, healthcare, business development, and employee management
· Proven ability to plan and manage the operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
· Experience in revenue growth and business development in a service environment
· Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
· Strong working knowledge of healthcare industry regulations and legislative guidelines
· Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with people, together with a proven ability to successfully lead and manage a diverse team.
· Demonstrate an ability to deliver in a fast-paced work environment, to lead and manage change in large complex environments, and of delivering culture shift.
· Strong management skills including the ability to initiate system-change projects and to undertake several key projects at the same time and work to tight.
· Strong business acumen, ability to assess opportunities for innovation, revenue generation, partnership, and enhanced care.
- On-site parking