A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
Permanent Contract, 24 hours per week
Working with a multi - disciplinary team at local level, the successful candidate will be actively involved in providing ongoing support for Learners and Instructional staff on vocational training and rehabilitation programmes. They will be responsible for coordinating the Individual Action Planning (IAP) process including the development and review of IAPs.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A relevant degree coupled with a number of years relevant work experience
- Previous experience of working with adults within a training environment; adults with i.d., mental health difficulties; working in advocacy role; providing staff support is a distinct advantage. Experience of linking in with and working with external agencies, families,
- Experience in working on own initiative with a professional and confident approach
- An awareness of disability issues and the skills and abilities necessary to facilitate self-advocacy in others.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills together with excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure that all relevant rehabilitation issues are communicated to the respective regional rehabilitation psychologist (in his/her absence, to the Senior Psychologist) to enable the ongoing development of psychological services.
- To liaise with other parties involved with trainees, including families, professionals, external agencies, local and regional managers on new developments as appropriate.
- To provide staff with formal support through the provision of regular meetings. Additional informal supports may also be provided on a needs basis.
- To facilitate trainees in identifying needs and preparing for their first IAP. Attending trainees first IAP and later IAP’s if appropriate.
- To contribute to the continuous improvement activities of National Learning Network and actively participate in and promote a culture of excellence throughout all National Learning Network activities, services, etc
- The successful applicant will be one of a multi-disciplinary team supporting learners and staff across programmes
- This is a challenging role requiring flexibility
- Report writing skills are also desirable.
- Motivation skills with energy & enthusiasm
- Professional and confident approach
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: 10th July 2020
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer