Our client is currently seeking a Release Co-Ordinator/DevOps for an initial 6 month (rolling contract) position within a large software development company in Cork. The Release Co-Ordinator will manage the process of planning, scheduling and controlling a software build through different stages and environments; including coordinating with the deployment teams to ensure successful implementation.
• Prepare release builds in Java and Control-M & build new projects before a release.
• Support multiple project teams and codebases to enable the deployment of application releases to controlled test and production environments.
• Verify that releases are deployed correctly and monitor code migration between environments.
• Monitor JIRA to track and maintain the status of all scheduled releases.
• Create planned and emergency release builds and implementation plans.
• Provide team with issues and resolution steps taken during Monthly Enterprise release weekends.
• Work with Change Management to ensure Change Tickets (ServiceNow) are correct and have the required paperwork in place.
• Submit release builds for monthly security scanning (Veracode and Qualys).
• Improve the process of building and deploying artefacts to test and production environments (automate builds and scans).
• Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures.
• Support software configuration management policies and procedures.
Skills & Experience:
• Third level IT or related qualification
• Experience working with the following are essential: Git & Git branches, Bamboo/Artifactory, Unix and/or Linux platforms, Mobile app deployment (Apple & Android)
• Experience working with the following are desired but not essential: Maven, DevOps
• Experience in SDLC methodologies/software development/release/process & configuration management
• Experience in Java or Control-M programming desired but not essential
• May need to be flexible in respect of work hours: May require some late evenings to prepare builds/implementation plans/ Change Tickets. Support Monthly Enterprise releases which involves working one Sunday in four approx. (Time in lieu will be given for supporting Monthly releases)
• Excellent interpersonal & organisation skills
• Ability to communicate to both dev and management
• Excellent written & verbal English communication skills
• Innovative problem solver
• Candidates who apply must hold a Stamp 4 visa or EU Citizenship in advance of application for this role.
Clicking the “Apply Now” button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech’s recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the “Apply Now” button.