A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Programme Facilitator to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community
Relief Programme Facilitator for Castlebar Resource Centre
Fixed Term Contract, 12 Months
To promote and support independent living and community integration. To facilitate in the educational, developmental, recreational and occupational programmes and activities of the service, as appropriate. Programmes will be designed to match the service user’s needs and capabilities while allowing him/her to develop his/her full potential and will be implemented at an appropriate time and setting in order to give maximum support.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Minimum QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care, or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of New Directions and community based programmes
- Full driving license is essential.
- Experience of supporting adults with challenging behavior & Autism, and to help achieve work opportunities
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To be a key worker to service users in order to facilitate the Person Centred Planning process.
- To identify goals and supports required by individual service users and maintain records as required. To develop and deliver person centred programmes to meet the needs of service users as identified through Person Centred Planning and to maintain the required records.
- To support individuals and groups in accessing their community to meet identified needs by facilitating activities and programmes and any other reasonable duties as deemed appropriate by the Programme Supervisor / Community Services Manager.
- To promote and support independence and community integration in your approach with the service user group including liaising with key community based personnel in pursuit of accessible community activities in accordance with the service user’s choices and aspirations.
- Must have good report writing skills and IT skills
- Programme facilitation skills an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Be able to adapt to different tasks each day and work well with a team
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: Monday, 31st December 2018.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer
Click Here To Apply