My Client is the market leader in the world of In Flight Entertainment, offering sophisticated products and unparalleled service levels to deliver the ultimate in-flight experience through video, audio, games, software applications and telecommunications.
You will ensure repair shop quality standards are met. Undertake all actions necessary to render the unit serviceable, including cleaning, testing, performance evaluation of electronic and mechanical components, sub assemblies and LRUs. Follow standard practices and procedures in analysing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
KEY ACTIVITY AREAS:
Perform the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies.
- Perform hand set-ups for digital tests.
- Recognise failures and set-up problems, and determines need for appropriate verification.
- Record required information on all repairs and publication discrepancies.
- Operate programmable auto-testers, samplers, real-time oscilloscopes, pulse generators, meters, power supplies, and special test fixtures.
- Skills/ Qualifications
- Proven experience of audio/video or digital electronic repairs to component level.
- Ability to use analytical skills to diagnose component and system failures.
- Computer literate together with good typing skills having experience of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of LINUX, DOS and UNIX systems is desirable.
- Formal electronic qualification, e.g. HNC in Electronic Engineering, City & Guilds Part 1&2 qualification, BTEC/NVQ in electronics or equivalent.
- Ability to rework soldering of surface mount component.
- Ability to read and write English to comply with ATA regulations.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Employee Events
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Vacation/paid time off