The Red Hat Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our Red Hat Network QE Test team in Waterford, Ireland. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on key networking components supporting needs, you will develop and run test automation against Red Hat's product offerings within our extensive portfolio. To do so successfully, you will learn to be an expert in various networking fields, and you will know many customer usage scenarios.
- Reproduce and verify bugs; run test cases
- Debug software problems and write clear bug reports, and track them
- Provide timely, complete, and accurate testing status reports
- Review test gaps, develop, review, and maintain automated test cases
- Learn Red Hat's networking technologies, tools, and stack
- Degree in computer science or similar
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Solid knowledge of networking, at least in two areas of NIC Drivers, SR-IOV, vlan, bonding, TCP/IP stack, netfilter, tunnel, switch, route, Open vSwitch (OVS), and Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK)
- Understanding of and direct experience with Linux environment
- Expertise in Bash or Python or C programming language or ability to learn it fast
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Solid debugging, troubleshooting, and diagnostic skills
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.