Senior Cost Engineer
Responsible for the overall day to day management of the commercial and surveying aspects of new build, refurbishment and design/build projects. Responsible for all Cost Reporting & Prelims. previous experience to include working on large scale projects within the semiconductor, pharmaceutical or similar industries.
- Manage, monitor and forecasting all commercial aspects of projects
- Responsible for coordinating information from various site disciplines in order to actively forecast the outturn cost of a project
- Maintain positive cash flow and maximise profitability on project
- Develop and maintain accurate INTERNAL & EXTERNAL cost reporting / monitoring / forecasting for:
o Building works (CSA)
o Engineering works (M,E+P)
o Design cost/performance
o Increased cost/market trends
- Produce monthly Status Report (CVR) including items listed above
- Identify areas of risk/scope and develop with the project team
- Register and acknowledge receipt of all project enquiries from potential subcontractors and suppliers.
- Produce project cost control document when project secured
- Manage and produce/take off Bill of Quants (BoQ) as required and issue tender documents to market in line with Company & project specific procedures.
- Review proposals with Designers and select / agree subcontractor enquiry list in conjunction with project team.
- Lead procurement of sub-contract works packages and any material ‘supply only’ packages.
- Organise and chair Sub-Contract / Supplier clarification, negotiation and settlement meetings
- Raise Sub Contracts / Purchase Orders in timely fashion according to project schedule.
- Administer numerous subcontract packages from procurement through to final account close
- Undertake interim valuations of sub contracted works and raise payment certificates to head office.
- Preparation of monthly valuations, agreement with client and ensuring that monies are received on time.
- Produce and settle final account with Client (or their appointed representative).
- Preparation of claims either to the Client or to other parties.
- Provide support in respect to legal / contract issues associated with the project
- Attend site meetings as necessary
- Input to the supply chain/preferred suppliers for constructional elements in conjunction with project teams for subcontractors / suppliers