My client, a multinational setting up their worldwide centre of excellence in Dublin to develop their entire software systems from scratch, is looking to hire a Senior DevOps Developer. This is an opportunity to join an exciting team that is at the beginning of a huge project, looking to create industry changing software. The DevOps team ensures that delivery of code is automated and that environments can be created from the ground up. The team manages and maintains the Git repository, it ensures that submitted code is integrated properly and integrated release candidates are packaged and delivered. DevOps works with the Automation Engineers to architect the Continuous Integration framework and manages its delivery. On a regular basis, the team reports on build statistics, code coverage and overall health of the source code repository. The DevOps resource must demonstrate a need for order, process and to automate as work as possible to introduce efficiency.
You will be involved in:
- Creating DevOps ways of working
- System automation, provisioning, scalability, security, monitoring and hardening
- Manage the methods of deployment. Also, the processes and tools required to execute those deployments
- Working together with other engineers providing services and knowledge to deliver a smooth automation process
- Manage issue tracking and agile development tools
Required skills and experience
- Previous experience in operations role - systems admin experience
- Strong Linux troubleshooting experience
- Strong working knowledge of AWS.
- Proficient scripting in Bash, python
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines . build large scale orchestration for micro-services based architectures using Docker and ideally JVM based technologies.
- Proven experience with automating administrative tasks. System recovery, backup, restore, log monitoring and alerts.
- Experience with configuration management tools . Ideally Ansible ( chef, puppet)
- Experience with version control software such as Git, preferably GitLab and SVN
- Experience with orchestration platforms ideally Openshift ( kubernetes and docker swarm)
- Container/Docker experience essential
- Knowledge of working with physical hardware
- Networks knowledge advantageous
- Very good written and oral communications skills
- Can work solo and as part of a team
Permanent role based in South Dublin.
Very competitive salary. Full Health/Dental Insurance. Pension,transit and bike plan, mobile phone Life Insurance, salary continuance insurance, 10% annual bonus. Option to remote work two days a week, flexible working hours.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland/EU,
Please do not hesitate to Contact David Coyle at 01 6351748 or email me