Job Description SummaryAre you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops ground-breaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. At BD, we are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you. BD, a company standing on 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join our new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick. BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius. You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
We are looking for an Electronics Engineer with a thorough understanding of both analog and digital design. In this position, you will be providing high quality and innovative solutions to a wide range of challenging problems and contributing to the completion of specific design projects.
As a Senior Electronic Engineer you will:
- Actively participate in the new and existing product development efforts from concepts to implementation
- Drive circuit level hardware design phases including architecture and design, component selection, schematic entry, board bring-up and integration of complex printed circuit board and cable assemblies into systems/instruments.
- Effectively work with cross-functional teams including software, mechanical design and system engineering aligning with the schedule and budget of the project through various phases of the product lifecycle.
- Have experience with interfacing of hardware peripherals like sensors, motor drivers, etc
- Have experience with electrical drawings package like Solidworks Electrical, Eplan, AutoCAD electrical, etc
- Support project teams in general activities related to ongoing product design & development.
- Evaluate and implements designs to ensure that all agency requirements (UL,IEC, FDA) are being met throughout the design process.
- Apply tools like FMEA to determine and document root cause of product’s system or component failure.
- Generate design specifications, test protocols, execute testing and associated test reports.
- Participate in technical design reviews to ensure electrical design integrity and safety are achieved.
- Develop and implement test procedures to verify design operation and compliance to international standards e.g. CE/EMC.
- Experience of EMC testing including Immunity Testing, Capacitive Voltage Emissions, Current Probe Emissions, ESD Testing, Transient Testing, Radiated Emissions Testing
- Cable harness, power management, 3 phase AC systems
- Experience in AC/DC, DC/DC convertors.
- Experience developing firmware using Communication protocols – I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, etc in an embedded environment.
- Experience in the Medical Device area would be an advantage
The sucessful candidate will be educated to degree level with a Minimum level 8 Engineering degree and have at least 5 years of experience as an Electronics Engineer designing and testing both analog and digital circuitry on complex printed circuit board assemblies. Strong digital and analog circuit design background that includes: microprocessors, analog circuitry for theoretical analysis circuit level, board level simulation, and experience with building blocks for modular systems, Labview and strong design skills and tools for schematic capture and board layout and simulation are all an advantage.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about Engineering and ‘advancing the world of health’ and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button where you will be directed to our website to apply directly.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community/