Senior Food Buyer
Location: Commutable from Meath, Westmeath and surrounds.
Love your job but no room for progression?
Are you looking to develop your skills within people management?
On a salary but putting in long hours without any extra reward or recognition?
This role is well placed to meet these needs and you will have an opportunity to work for a company that recognises and rewards service.
My client is one of the largest growers, packers and distributors of fresh produce in the retail market. The senior buyer will build relations with new and existing suppliers, with the goal of expanding sales, margin and market share. You will also lead up a team of buying assistants that are fairly self sufficient but need leadership.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
* Overseeing daily orders from suppliers and complete po's on the system.
* Monitoring stock levels against sales projections and plan accordingly.
* Ensuring stock counts are performed and reconciled.
* Visit our farm crops regularly.
* Managing contracts/programs to ensure continuity and timelines of supply.
* Maintaining strong working relationships with long-term suppliers and customers to assure quality, fulfilment, value and delivery targets are met.
* Respond to and resolve queries daily from customers and suppliers efficiently.
* Negotiate effectively and efficiently in terms of product quality specification, volume, delivery and value with both suppliers & customers.
* Undertake store visits and attend meetings with growers and supermarkets on a regular basis internally & externally.
* Undertake work involving market & industry trends, promotions, packaging and marketing strategy.
* Communicating effectively with Production, Quality, Logistics and other relevant departments to plan daily and effectively.
* Leading and motivating the Procurement & Sales team and ensure that they receive appropriate support, training and development to achieve their potential.
Are you the right person for the role?
* Bachelor's degree in a Business or supply chain related discipline is important
* 4+ years' experience in a similar role is a distinct advantage. However, if you have procurement and sales experience in another industry, we will be considered
* Knowledge of / experience in the FMCG Sector would be a distinct advantage
* Excellent negotiator and communicator: verbal and written
* Excellent attitude and willing to learn
* Strong organisational, problem-solving and analytical skills
* Proficiency in MS Office (e.g. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint) and ERP experience is an advantage
Apply now or find me on Linkedin, Aisling Murray