Job Title: Senior Hydrogeologist
Location: Dublin, Cork or Galway
Job Type: Permanent Full time
Ref. No: J5471
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can contribute to major projects across the Environmental sector? Do you want to work in an environment where your efforts make a difference and your talent is valued and recognised?
About the Role
RPS has a career opportunity for a Senior Hydrogeologist who will contribute as key member of our Environment Divisions in the Dublin, Cork and Galway offices. The successful candidate will assist in the delivery and management of projects for key public and private sector clients in Ireland.
- Preparation of Hydrogeological Impact Assessments on the likely impacts of proposed projects covering a range of sectors including water, transport, waste, energy and land use.
- Scoping and coordination and / or supervision of site investigations, borehole drilling, trial pit surveying including contaminated land investigations etc.
- Borehole specifications for hydrogeological investigations
- Scientific analysis of soil and groundwater data to support detailed assessments.
- Project Management of investigations in accordance with EPA Code of Practice.
- Groundwater modelling and risk assessment. · Scoping, preparing and delivering contaminated land assessment projects and development of remediation proposals.
- Presentation of expert witness at Oral Hearing.
- Integration with multi-disciplinary teams focused on creating solutions. This will include working with internal RPS departments, our clients and other third parties such as engineers, architects, planners, environmental consultants, hydrologists, archaeologists, landscape architects etc.
- Management of resourcing and budgeting on projects including billing of clients.
- Business development and reporting to senior management and directors.
- Management and mentoring of junior staff.
The Candidate will ideally have:
- BSc in hydrogeology, geology or other relevant subject (e.g. environmental science, earth science or other science discipline).
- MSc or PhD in hydrogeology/hydrology or related subject.
- PGeo EurGeol (IGI) or CGeol (Geological Society of London).
- A minimum seven years’ employment experience in environmental consultancy.
- A broad range of previous relevant work experience in a professional consultancy or relevant NGO, academic setting or similar.
- Excellent field skills with demonstrated site investigation expertise and collecting of groundwater and soil / waste samples.
- Knowledge of relevant Irish and European legislation.
- Experience in compiling Environmental Risk Assessment reports on the likely impacts of proposed developments and recommending appropriate mitigation measures. In particular, addressing hydrological and hydrogeological interactions and interdependencies
- Experience of quantitative risk assessments including the use of conceptual site models.
- Experience in redevelopment of brownfield sites and remediation of contaminated sites.
- Excellent report writing skills and GIS experience
- Demonstrable ability to manage a varied workload.
- Full Clean Driving Licence.
RPS are a recognised leader in multidisciplinary engineering, environmental, project communications and project management consultancy. We are 5,600 professional consultants and service providers with deep expertise in things that matter. We define, design and manage projects in the property, energy, transport, water, defence and security and resources sectors across 125 countries.
In Ireland, we employ 600 of the most talented, high-performing professionals in the industry.
What we can offer
You will be offered a competitive salary, an attractive package along with a great diverse team environment. In addition, we offer flexible working hours and deliver a comprehensive training and development programme for all professional levels to further expand your skill set within the Environmental division.
If you would like to join a company that will challenge you to be creative in design and solutions, join RPS.
(Registration needed) including the relevant Ref. Number (J5471)
Closing Date: TBC
We do not require the assistance of Agencies at this time
Note: As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of RPS’s business, key responsibilities will evolve and change over time.