Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Location: Westmeath (one hour from Galway and Dublin)
Contract type: Permanent
This client continues to actively recruit despite the current Covid-19 crisis. Initial interviews will be held on-line.
The benefits of the job:
- A healthy work-life balance (flexible hours, maternity/paternity and parental leave).
- Our client’s software has over 300 customers world-wide with over a billion subscribers – you’re sure to find a challenge and interesting projects working here!
- You will work on projects that impact the lives of billions.
- This client has fast-feedback loops and they automate as much as they possibly can.
- 27 days annual leave and a family-friendly work environment.
- Clearly defined career paths with inhouse training and financial support for further education.
- Sports and social club run activities & subsidized movie, swimming, theatre tickets.
- Pension scheme, health insurance, free company doctor, life cover and sick pay/income continuance.
- Laptop and mobile phone.
- Tax saver commuter/bike to work scheme
Our client is seeking passionate Java Developers who keen to lead a team building scalable, highly available network management features.
You’ll be working as part of a cross functional team and developing full stack features in an agile environment. You will be responsible for driving the use of latest technologies such as… JEE, Java 8+, Microservices, Cloud (Kubernetes, Openstack, KVM) in a CI/CD development environment.
- A proven track record in technical leadership or mentoring in a Java development team.
- Practical experience of coding/design practices and patterns.
- Hands-on experience of configuration, deployment and optimization of at least one major JEE application server is required.
The ‘nice to have’ experience:
- Experience of building API’s with REST and/or SOA
- Knowledge of…. JMX, RMI, JCA, JPA, JTA, CDI or JEE security
- Experience with distributed caching.
- Knowledge of Linux Packaging and Cloud deployment.
- Worked with a relational or graph database and other NoSQL systems
- Built EARs and WARs.
For further information feel free to contact email@example.com in strictest confidence. Sigmar Recruitment will never share your details with a third party without your prior experience.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.