Our client is a leading Fintech employer, based in Waterford. They are a global player in payments security. You will get to work with a team of highly experienced developers and Infrastructure engineers. They offer a very flexible work environment where remote work is allowed and encouraged. They are seeking a Systems Administrator who will be accountable for systems availability, functionality, security, and monitoring and performance optimization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administration support to our client’s server enterprise
- Maintain and deploy systems within our clients virtual and cloud enterprise
- Work on projects pertaining to deployment of server environments as a technical representative
- Create automation/script processes to further streamline team workflows
- Maintain and conduct daily work using a ticket queue
- Provide limited after-hours support to servers (on-call)
- Work closely with software and hardware vendors
- Create documentation to support systems implementations
- Expand and maintain our client’s automation infrastructure
- Maintain and upgrade our clients existing Linux and Windows Infrastructure
- Design, implement, and manage complex systems and configurations in a multi-site environment
- Provide assistance in troubleshooting production issues
- Create and maintain high-quality documentation of all relevant specifications, systems, and procedures
- Work as a partner with development to optimize product performance and manageability
- Provide assistance in maintaining Corporate IT infrastructure
- Protects organization's value by keeping marketing and product information confidential.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in complex production environments.
- Ability to plan, document, and execute tasks effectively given minimum supervision within a structured, highly available environment.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols and common system protocols such as SNMP, SMTP, DNS, FTP(S), SSH, HTTP.
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure administration a strong plus (AWS)
- Expert knowledge of Server Virtualization (VMWare 6.x)
- Apache httpd and Tomcat, NGINX
- Some familiarity with PHP, Perl and Node.js
- Maintain distributed and replicating MySQL and Mongo databases
- Experience with load balancers and GSLB implementations.
- Experience with Web App firewalls (Imperva, F5 WAF)
- Maintain SAN
- Experience with Logging technologies (Splunk, Graylog)
- Understanding of Encryption techniques (SSS/TLS, 3DES, AES, RSA, etc)
- Strong familiarity a understanding of security standards and best practices such as PCI DSS and OWASP
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or other sciences
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering operations role within a production ops team
- 3+ years of hands on experience with Linux, especially CentOS
- Scripting skills desired, PHP is preferred
- Knowledge of operating system and network concepts including NFS, HTTP, TCP
If you are interested in this role please contact Jonathan Gardiner on 021 4220 1000
Health & Pension Contribution