Senior Manufacturing/Process Engineer - Medical Device
The NPI group work with R&D teams to bring their concepts all the way through to volume manufacturing. Closely aligning all stakeholders to achieve the best product, with greater product efficiencies is the ultimate goal of each transfer project. The transfer process is an ideal window in which to achieve these efficiencies by undertaking DFM, process optimization, sustaining engineering, process automation, supply chain optimization and the application of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies.
We are looking for an individual who can push the bounds of current capabilities and deliver the next generation of robust products and processes. The role offers diversity, and the opportunity to become a process development expert. This Snr Engineering will lead a team of process development experts to develop world class manufacturing processes. The successful candidate will coach her/his team to utilise six sigma tools in the development of process parameters.
- Lead projects to deliver new products into existing and new product families.
- Manage all stakeholder expectations Customer, Production, operations engineering, operations quality and quality systems through the product / process development process.
- Coach team to apply structured problem solving, lean principals, and best practice process development to drive product and process improvements.
- Automation of processes by working with equipment vendors and internal automation team.
- Work closely with SME’s in the business to ensure process improvements activities designed to enhance existing manufacturing capability within the company.
- Work closely with Lean and Operations teams to ensure that any new processes developed meet world class manufacturing standards.
- Manage a variable workload and multiple projects to deliver to customer expectations and drive future revenue.
- Develop team to design and introduce manufacturing processes for new products to increase capabilities and efficiencies delivering a competitive edge to the company and their customers.
- Ensure that complete and effective validations are carried out on all processes before transferring to manufacture.
- Manage external relationships with Technology providers / Suppliers.
- Work in compliance company systems and processes.
- Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean / 6 sigma methodologies.
- Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled. .
- Engineering degree, or equivalent with minimum 7 years’ experience in process development.
- Knowledge of Medical Device or similar quality and manufacturing systems would be very desirable.
- Experience working in high volume automated assembly would be a distinct advantage.
- Working knowledge of process development, six sigma and/or lean engineering principles would be very desirable.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make and Implement decisions.
If you are interested in the role of Senior Manufacturing/Process Engineer please click on the apply button and send us your CV" You can also contact our office on 093 41932 "If you would like to learn more about our company please visit our website www.bdr.ie