Senior Metrology Engineer
Our clients offers Product Lifecycle Management Solutions to the Medical Device and Pharmaceutical Sectors in support of our customers’ new product development programmes and as part of our on-going efforts to improve patient healthcare and wellbeing. Prior PLM Medical specialises in assisting companies to develop medical device platforms for disease management solutions in the following Biological Areas: Their clients include pharmaceutical, medical device and Tier 1 Suppliers.
The role of Senior Metrology Engineer requires an experienced, flexible and innovative person who will create, review, update and maintain Metrology Specific SOPs, Forms and Documents. Program, review, fix and improve measurement routines and processes. Analyze, report and review metrology results, data and documents. Liaise with customers both internally and externally as site Metrology SME.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Familiar with Minitab
- cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices)
- cGAMP (current Good Automation Practices)
- cGLP (current Good Laboratory Practices)
- ISO 13485
- MSA (Measurement system analysis)
- Statistics (Specifically Gauge R&Rs, Type 1, Cpk & Ppk (Process Capability & Process Performance),
- Statistical Process Control
- AQL Sampling
- DOEs (Design of Experiment),
- Validations, Verifications, First Article Inspections, Interpret Drawing and CAD Models, Root Cause Investigations, Lean Six Sigma.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent degree) or higher.
- Min 3 years post graduate relevant engineering/ design experience in the medical device sector with a proven track record of leading teams in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience in analytical and empirical test methods, protocol generation and project management.
- 3D CAD experience
- Ability to convey design intent through sketches, prototypes, etc.
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing methods, and design for manufacture methodologies.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly.
- Excellent interpersonal/communications skills and ability to interact with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Previous experience in a multi-disciplinary team based environment.
- Technical Report writing skills and ability to produce clear and accurate documentation at all project stages.
- Ability to absorb and process large amounts of information.
- Problem-solving and critical analysis skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines as per project milestones and customer requirements.
- A flexible approach and ability to work across multi projects as required.
- Availability for limited project-related travel.