Job Description Summary
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey in ‘advancing the world of health’.
Our site in Drogheda is commencing a major upgrade and refurbishment of all facilities. In addition to this investment there are a number of new lines being brought into production. This BD facility is the only one globally which manufactures one of our new PosiFlush™ products. With all these exciting developments taking place we are recruiting a Senior Moulding Project Engineer on a permanent basis to join our site in Drogheda in a Day role (Monday to Friday).
The Senior Moulding Project Engineer will be responsible for the for the delivery of injection moulding projects from concept through to handover, including initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure. The Senior Moulding Project Engineer will work as part of a multi-discipline project engineering team delivering projects on site in Drogheda. Previous Project Management / Engineering experience is essential.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop detailed specification documents required to support the procurement of multi cavity injection moulding tools for use in high volume medical device manufacturing facility.
- Lead design reviews and factory acceptance trials of moulds and mould presses.
- Coordinate the installation and commissioning of moulds and mould presses.
- Lead process development and process validation of mould presses required to demonstrate compliance to all CTQ characteristics of the moulded components as defined in the product specification.
- Develop specification for any moulded component part handling equipment and lead the procurement, installation, commissioning, and qualification of part handling equipment as required.
- Provide engineering and technical support to Moulding Technicians as required.
- Good understanding of equipment CE marking guidelines, machinery directive, low voltage directive and safety design including ISO13849.
- Support the validation of new and existing equipment to ISO & FDA standards.
- Participate in initiatives as required including Lean, 6 Sigma and 5S projects.
- Cooperate fully with changes in technology and embrace any requirements to acquire additional skills.
- Contribute to plants ongoing compliance with ISO13485 and with changes in Quality system procedures.
- Effectively manage communication with all project stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance to all BD procedures, including Procurement, Financial, Environmental Health and Safety, Quality and Regulatory.
- Budget management and spend tracking.
- Delivery of projects within a cGMP and FDA environment.
- Process and material qualification and management of change control within a regulated medical device manufacturing environment.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years Injection moulding experience, preferably within the Medical Device sector. You will be technically qualified with a Third Level degree (NFQ Level 8 or higher) in relevant engineering discipline.
Experience with the installation and qualification of high-volume multi-cavity moulds and presses is desirable. Some travel will be required to support new projects.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button where you will be directed to our website to apply directly.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Register on our careers page so you never miss an opportunity. http://emea.jobs.bd.com