Senior Network Engineer, EMEA Region
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide our client’s IT with technical support for the global network environment including assessment and implementation of new capabilities, upgrades etc.
- This person will be a contributing member of the Global IT Infrastructure team, and will report to the Network team lead in Austin, TX. The position will be based in Galway, Ireland
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CCNP or CCIE is expected for this senior role
- 10+ years of experience in infrastructure design, implementation, management and support
- Strong experience and troubleshooting with protocol like EIGRP, BGP and SSL and IPsec VPN technologies.
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing High Availability (HA) solutions
- Experience with Cisco UC, particularly with IOS based voice gateways, a plus.
- Strong experience securing and monitoring network devices
- Current experience with Network devices like Fortigate firewalls managed using FortiManager, Cisco (router, switches and wireless controllers, WAPs), load balancers (F5 LTM)
- Good to have an experience working with Cisco UCS, and cloud connections
- Proficient with tools to collect network statistic utilizing protocols (SNMP, NetFlow, etc.)
- Expert with implementing and supporting QoS.
- ISP management and escalation experience
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
Language Skills and other requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Highlight knowledge, skills, abilities and traits necessary in this role to satisfy our customer's expectations.
- Travel and fieldwork, including international travel may be required. Therefore, employee must possess, or be able to acquire a valid passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which you are hired.
If you are interested in the role of Senior Network Engineer, EMEA please click on the apply button and send us your CV" You can also contact our office on 093 41932 "If you would like to learn more about our company please visit our website www.bdr.ie