Senior Network Engineer / Specialist - Contract
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Network specialist to join their ICT team for an initial 3-month contract, which could be extended.
The purpose of the role is to provide technical project services and 2nd/3rd line issue resolution in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Monitor and Manage ICT Network and Security performance, configuration, maintenance and repair to ensure optimal performance and availability for all ICT infrastructure, systems and key processes.
- Manage and supervise the day to day operations of the IIS Network & Security Team
- Manage and participate in ICT Projects as required.
- Manage the network and security environment.
- Manage change control procedure for the IIS Network & Security environment.
- Ensure ICT documentation and records are created and maintained.
- Provide backup and support for ICT peers as requested.
- Manage operational reliability of ICT network and security environment.
- Contribute and input to ICT infrastructure design.
- Provide direction and support to colleagues as required.
- Lead problem solving efforts, often involving outside vendors and other support personnel.
- Maintain and update ICT policies, procedures and guidelines as required.
- Ensure ICT IIS network & security policies and procedures are followed.
- Test recovery of network and security environment in accordance with ICT PPG’s.
- Perform monthly performance reporting as required.
- Manage and carry out planned preventative tasks for IIS network & security Team.
- Participate in the ICT on call.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support.
- Provide cross cover for other IIS team members as required.
- Deputise for ICT Infrastructure Services Manager when required.
- Third level qualification in IT or Electronics
- 5+ years experience in an IT Engineering / Infrastructure / Networking role.
- The jobholder will be expected to act on their own initiative in the completion of their role.
- Must be a good team player with excellent communication skills.
For more information please call Keith on 01 4663983 or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org