Senior Occupational Therapist Intellectual Disabilities:
We are seeking applications for the position of a senior occupational therapist to join the team in a specialist intellectual disability service in a leading mental health hospital based in Donegal. The role to work with patients presenting with intellectual disabilities covering both the inpatient hospital setting and assisting in local community services.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a prestigious teaching hospital dedicated to the delivery of excellent quality care in a supportive environment that promotes continuing professional development.
- Be responsible for staff appointed to clinical designated areas leading the team, managing and evaluating treatment programmes.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day running of a designated service area(s) by supervising staff, prioritising and allocating work and promoting positive staff morale and team in conjunction with the occupational manager.
- Ensure that staff in the designated service area(s) arrange and carry out duties in a timely manner, within settings appropriate to service user's needs and in line with local policy/guidelines
- Attend clinics, review meetings, team meetings, case conferences, ward rounds etc. as designated by Occupational Therapist Manager
- This is an exciting opportunity to work within a leading hospital as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
Benefits: Package includes the following
- Excellent competitive salaries
- Incremental pay scales
- Additional Premiums for shift allowances
- 39-hour week
- Supportive environment that promotes opportunities for continuing professional development
The successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- A recognised Occupational Therapy qualification with CORU registration.
- Minimum 3 years clinical practice experience of which minimum 1 year must be in the setting of intellectual disability.
- Excellent communication skills