Job Description Summary
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey in ‘advancing the world of health’.
We are now recruiting Senior Process Engineer to join our team in Drogheda.
As a member of the engineering group that provides engineering support within a high volume, fully automated manufacturing environment, the Senior Process Engineer will be responsible for and involved in process development, troubleshooting, maintenance and continuous improvement of the production processes and equipment in the assigned manufacturing area.
- Lead and be the subject matter expert in the assigned process engineering group.
- Provide daily guidance and communication to Engineering Technicians through daily PVD, Email and follow up meetings as appropriate.
- Provide support to operations to optimize existing processes and to ensure that production goals are met.
- Monitoring equipment performance to lead/ support improvement activity to reduce downtime events and yield losses.
- Drive process improvements through identification of problem areas/opportunities and collaboration with internal groups and external vendors using Lean / Six Sigma and project management techniques.
- Lead the complete validation of new and existing equipment including acceptance trials, debugging, process development, and final validation.
- Development and coordination of related documentation, including standard operating procedures, set-up guides, validation documentation.
- Engage with vendors on the development, design, and evaluation of equipment and/or processes requiring novel and innovative approaches in technology.
- Liaise with Corporate R&D in the development of new projects and ensure that project timelines are met.
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement Programs.
- Coordinate Planned Maintenance activities and Process Parameter Records.
- Support the requirements of ISO13485 and Quality system procedures including Promoting and complying with cGMP.
- Assist with QNs, Customer Complaints and CAPA investigations.
- Engineering Degree
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a high volume, highly automated assembly and/or packaging operation. (Preferably within a regulated environment)
- Experience of using Planned Maintenance Systems e.g. SAP, CMMS
- Experience applying a scientific approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of PLC’s, Autocad, Vision Systems, High Speed Assembly and Packaging operation
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button where you will be directed to our website to apply directly.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://emea.jobs.bd.com