Process Safety Engineer
- The Process Safety Engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing the EHS programmes/policy required to ensure compliance with local legislation, our company's standards and industry best practices. Providing guidance and support to relevant stakeholders on all aspects of Process Safety Management.
- Completing EHS Audits and Inspections and supporting external audits undertaken by Regulatory agencies, Insurance providers or corporate.
- Liaising with regulatory authorities and corporate stakeholders as required.
- Preparing / maintaining reports for site, corporate or regulatory agencies as required including the site Safety Report, MAPP and EPD documents.
- Preparing Process Safety and Emergency Management training materials and delivery of training.
- Providing Process Safety technical support to stakeholders during the introduction or modification of exiting processes and infrastructure.
- Evaluating the Process Safety impacts associated with change relating to new projects, processes and infrastructure and changes to existing processes and infrastructure in accordance with site Change Management Procedures.
- Completing/Chairing PHA studies (HAZOP/LOPA)
- Providing safety support for trouble shooting activities; participating in safety compliance reviews and providing technical support as necessary to resolve safety issues.
- This job will involve completing investigations into process safety and general safety incidents and the development of corrective and preventative actions as required.
- The Process Safety Engineer will be supporting Installation Qualification and Operational Qualifications
- Participating in and approving pre-start up safety reviews and equipment walk-downs.
- Providing technical guidance, review and approve changes to the Site Explosion Protection Document (EPD) under ATEX Regulations.
- Supporting the Loss Prevention Program on site.
- Supporting the Fire System Coordinator in ensuring that effective processes are in place to ensure the prevention, mitigation and response to major accidents should they arise.
- Participation in the site Process Safety Relief Device sizing program as required.
The next Process Safety Engineer should have a degree in Engineering Science with 3+ years' EHS/ Process safety/ Process Engineering in Pharmaceutical or other regulated industry. You should demonstrate a strong Knowledge and experience of HAZOP, LOPA and SIL as well as ATEX/EPD
If you're looking to take the next step in your career and join an innovative company who offer excellent remuneration packages then send us your CV now!
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.