Senior Product Development Engineer
Our client offers Product Lifecycle Management Solutions to the Medical Device and Pharmaceutical Sectors in support of our customers new product development programmes and as part of our on-going efforts to improve patient healthcare and wellbeing
The role of Senior Product Development Engineer requires an experienced, flexible and innovative person with significant product development experience in the medical device arena. The Senior Product Development Engineer will manage and take a lead role on a range of challenging engineering projects in our Product Development Division, with active project involvement from initial concept and research, through to design and delivery of projects/products to market. The role operates as part of a multidisciplinary team of engineers, scientists and toolmakers and also requires extensive interaction with clients and suppliers.
This role comes with competitive salary and benefits package - to learn more please enquire to email@example.com or contact our office on 09341932.
Key Role Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Lead and be an integral part of the team tasked with the development process from concept generation through to design verification and testing.
- Ensure the application of analytical and experimental test methods to relevant standards in order to meet device and project requirements
- Provide technical feedback during frequent technical contact with customers to optimise product design.
- Compile project plans and lead a team to develop devices in accordance with planned activities, budget and timelines.
- Oversee the generation of design concepts and realisation in 3D CAD.
- Active project management across product life cycle stages and to client requirements.
- Experimental test design, preparing test documentation data collection, data analysis and results presentation.
- Writing technical documentation.
- Delivery of high-quality presentations to clients and articulation of complex design / mechanical solutions.
- Mentoring and supporting junior engineers as required.
Essential Role Requirements
- Eng. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering (or equivalent degree) or higher.
- Min 5 years post graduate relevant engineering/ design experience in the medical device sector with a proven track record of leading teams in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience in analytical and empirical test methods, protocol generation and project management.
- 3D CAD experience (Solid Edge/SolidWorks/ProE/Catia).
- Ability to convey design intent through sketches, prototypes, etc.
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing methods, and design for manufacture methodologies.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly.
- Excellent interpersonal/communications skills and ability to interact with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Previous experience in a multi-disciplinary team-based environment.
- Technical Report writing skills and ability to produce clear and accurate documentation at all project stages.
- Ability to absorb and process large amounts of information.
- Problem-solving and critical analysis skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines as per project milestones and customer requirements.
- A flexible approach and ability to work across multi projects as required.
- Availability for limited project-related travel.
- Knowledge and or experience in the use of FEA, CFD and Moldflow.
- undererstanding of the regulatory landscape associated with medical device development.
- Understanding and experience of Quality Management Systems and design regulations such as ISO 13485.
For further information please contact our office on 093 41932 or e-mail your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org