Senior Python Developer
My Client is a leading international professional services firm serving a range of major customers across many sectors of the global economy. They are currently seeking an ambitious Senior Python Developer to join their development team within their Audit Department based in Dublin.
The successful candidate will work within an agile team of developers and assist in the development and maintenance of their analytics platform. This is an excellent opportunity for career development and personal growth.
Apply for the Senior Python Developer above, or contact Graham Houlihan for more information.
Responsibilities of the Senior Python Developer role:
- Work as part of a small development team and directly with the Product Owner and Product Manager to ensure that development is in line with the requirements.
- Implement high quality code in an Agile environment with a focus on quality and scalability.
- Work in a way that promotes development standards, review, and documentation of procedures is followed.
- Ensuring that applications work efficiently and effectively from an end-user perspective and in line with best practices.
- Participate in the design and implementation of the system architecture.
- Collaborate with the development team and business to define, design and deliver creative and innovative solutions.
- Training and developing junior members of the team.
Required Experience and Skills for the Senior Python Developer role:
- 4+ years’ relevant Python development experience building web applications and performing data engineering/analysis in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge and experience of the Django web framework, specifically the Django REST Framework.
- Experience of managing and maintaining SQL databases.
- Experience of developing micro-services using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in Linux environments.
- Experience of code versioning through Git.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work on multiple assignments.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline.