Senior QA Engineer
(Note: This role is open for applicants currently based in Ireland, who have an EU Passport or Stamp 4 visa)
Ensure that all of the software used on internal systems is operating according to the relevant specification; document test activities so that bugs can be reported to our Developers and ensure that re-testing can take place to confirm that problems encountered have been resolved. Work in accordance with testing standards developed in-house and contribute to the continuous improvement in our testing standards and procedures.
We want to talk with people who want to:
- Create better experiences for users
- Prioritise ease of use and functionality
- Build and deploy new services
- Ask questions of the biggest datasets
- Be passionate, impactful and Be first
- Join a team on a mission.
- Performs testing activities to include consultancy, estimation, planning, design, scripting, execution, debugging and reporting tasks.
- Should be able to handle small to medium projects independently.
- Has thorough knowledge of the Testing Lifecycle, understands the critical aspects of
- Testing that need to be adhered to.
- Had detailed experience in writing test plans, test cases, design of test activities.
- Monitors and executes automation test activities for large sized projects/programs.
- Works with Technical and Business groups to define the scope of testing required.
- Provides guidance to team members on the scripting and execution activities to accomplish the test plan and design requirements for large projects/programs.
- Researches new tools and testing approaches and executes upon/monitoring he implementation of such items.
- Post-test execution activities include error debugging, reporting needs and internal and external communications.
- Extremely well trained and conversant with usage of tools –JIRA, XRAY, Selenium, Cucumber etc.
- Understands, and utilizes metrics critically in the testing process
- Minimum experience 6+ years in Software Testing & Quality Assurance
- Excellent and careful attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills are essential as are good stakeholder management skills.
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work.
- A proven track record in software testing. Experience in UK Cards and Payments will be an added bonus
- Good knowledge of structured test methods and delivery processes (including waterfall and agile methodologies).
- Knowledge of both manual and automated testing along with automation frame work definition.
- Able to organise, manage and prioritise own workload