Do you have extensive customer facing experience within the internet, cloud or telecommunications services industry? Do you have the desire to be in a globally impacting team and shape the way Equinix interacts with its largest customers?
We are currently looking for a Senior Sales Engineer for our Ireland Team to sell Equinix solutions to new accounts and/or growing existing accounts.
Equinix is the one of the largest growing Data Centre companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and visionary people who can help us achieve our goal – global interconnection. With over 195 data centres in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home of the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations, and complex cloud and application solutions.
What we offer
The opportunity, to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly and still maintains to keep a pioneer spirit. Not forgetting of course, a competitive salary and great secondary benefits.
Technical Consulting and Sales Support
- Identifies customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements and maps to Equinix solutions
- Understands and explains customer applications and business challenges
- Utilizes understanding of Equinix portfolio of products to deliver pitch on Equinix solutions
- Analyses situations and data on problems of moderate scope
- Provides full support for medium to large customers, including global deployments
Solution Design and Deliverables
- Provides technical solution design expertise to all assigned Sales account executives
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to figure out appropriate solution
- Assists in RFI/P/Q preparation as requested by Sales Representatives
- Independently delivers all work for the customer
- Communicates with customers (internal and external) in a professional, friendly and effective manner, both verbally and in writing
- Assists in pre-sales efforts for all company products
- Provides technical support in sales presentations, customer meetings, and trade shows
Business and Market Expertise
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of Equinix datacenter, Network, and Cloud products and services
- Possesses industry knowledge and familiarity with the competitive landscape
Collaboration / Communication
- Develops new business opportunities and grows existing customer relationships
- Motivates internal teams (CSM, OM, IM, Ops, etc.) to ensure smooth project transition from pre-sales to post-sales
- Influences the cultivation of a positive culture on the team
- Demonstrates good presentation skills
- Supports initiatives and team projects to better the organization
- Degree in Engineering / IT or equivalent experience
- Extensive Customer facing experience within internet, cloud or telecommunications services industry
- In-depth knowledge of Networks and/or Cloud Computing.
- Ability to work independently with minimal management guidance
- Problem resolution
- Ability to understand and explain related technical issues, thorough knowledge of products, potential applications and associated technologies
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of internal and external customers
- Creation of high quality business proposals in line with agreed customer needs and expectations
- Ability to project manage, multitask and follow through
- Ability to work and adapt in rapidly changing environment
- Excellent English written and oral communications skills
- Negotiation skills
- Understanding of Business Procedures i.e Finance, Marketing, Forecasting, Business Plans and Contracts
- Relationship building skills
- Provision of accurate forecasts and reports
- Process orientation, analytical and deductive reasoning skills
- Experience with customer support systems
- Strong knowledge and experience with telecom circuit ordering and provisioning
- In depth understanding of datacentre architecture
- UPS, Generator, Cooling, Fire detection and suppression
- In-depth knowledge of UK cabling standards and implementation
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We look forward to meeting you!