Our client are a leading global financial services organisation based in South Dublin. They have an immediate requirement for a number of Contract Developers ( Scala or Java) to work on trading applications.
This is an exciting role focused on application development using some of the market leading technologies such as Scala, Big Data, Apache Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Shark, Spark etc. We use Agile methodology for all the development.
This is a development-centric role and you will be expected to deliver technical solutions by managing all phases of software development life cycle. You must be able to analyze business or technical requirements and design solutions to develop critical components of Reference Data technology stack. You must be a good team player with strong communication skills.
This role offers an opportunity to work on some key regulatory programs within the Bank. Any prior knowledge of client/ product reference data domain will be extremely beneficial.
You must be a self starter and willing to work with new technologies.
- Strong Scala or Java development skills (Scala would be the first preference but we will consider candidates with strong Java skill set and willing to learn Scala)
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Apache Hadoop
- SQL Programming Competency (with practical experience of at least one RDBMS)
- Strong understanding of software build/ release mgmt (with at least one build tool e.g. ANT)
- Good understanding of unit testing concepts
- Familiarity with development patterns
- Proactively own and resolve details of high level tasks
- Enjoy team working environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of operational aspects of managing a software stack
Nice to have skills;
- Familiarity with RDF and SPARQL
- Understanding of Reference Data domain
- Exposure to functional programming (in case you do not have Scala programming skills)
Besides that, they provide an On-site gym, subsidised canteen, free bus to work and strong rates on offer.
This is an excellent opportunity – If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for this role, please do not hesitate to contact Priscila Laviola on 016621000 or click apply.