Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
As a Senior SOC verification Engineer you will be a key member of the FPGA System on Chip (SOC) team at Microchip, responsible for ensuring that our products meet customer needs and have the highest quality.
This role requires strong interpersonal skills, software development skills, combined with excellent software testing skills, including the creativity needed to imagine the many ways in which our software can be used, in order to find software flaws.
Role and responsibilities: To create SOC verification environments and testcases for chip level verification of Microchip SOC FPGA devices containing multiple processor systems, typically a dedicated control CPU and an application processor with a full set of SoC support peripherals e.g. Etherne t, USB, MMC and QSPI. These environments will target system level operation, in particular interaction of the embedded firmware and ASIC blocks. The position will involve interaction with the Dublin based Architecture and ASIC design groups, the embedded software group as well as the Hyderabad based logic verification group.
· Knowledge of System Verilog, with UVM experience
· AMBA Bus Structures
· Embedded CPUS and C programming
· Protocol Knowledge of at least two of the following
o AMBA Bus Interconnect
· Good organisation, teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
· Great analytical and problem-solving skills and motivated to learn
· Strong time management skills, self-direction, and the desire to excel
Education and Qualifications
- Honours Bachelor/Masters Degree in Electronic/Electrical/Computer Engineering, Science Engineering Degree
What we offer?
· Our global team is growing, and we are looking for collaborative, creative team members to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world.
· Working in an environment encouraging you to grow your professional skills
· Working on next generation SOC devices containing multiple processor systems
· Opportunity to work on new technologies with domain world leaders
· Training and support to improve as a professional
· Competitive compensation including share option scheme
· TaxSaver public transport scheme