Overstock Ireland is based in the beautiful Co. Sligo and is the European software development centre for Overstock.com, a technology driven online retailer and through it's subsidiary Medici Ventures a blockchain accelerator. We strive to offer a diverse and challenging career path using the latest technologies and platforms coupled with a great life/work balance in a cost effective location on the Wild Atlantic Way.
Enjoying an excellent company culture focused on delivering technical value for our company in a collaborative team environment, life in Overstock Ireland offers an genuine opportunity to make a difference in technology company with a wide range of business challenges. Couple this with a genuine work life balance, easy access to surf, hiking, fabulous beaches and a thriving local food and music scene and we feel we're got a fairly unique package on offer.
As a Senior Software Developer. You will work in an Agile environment, on a collaborative team and work on the latest technologies. We value intelligence, creativity, quality, technical leadership, and a strong interest to learn. Our team is based in Sligo and focuses on development projects for customer facing websites, international projects and cutting-edge technologies areas such as machine learning and continuous deployment.
You will enjoy working as part of a team, have a strong background in Java development and have at least 6 years of software development experience from a corporate environment working on customer facing applications.
What You Will do:
Senior Software Developers are responsible for working on significant critical projects with limited or no supervision, must be able to take responsibility for all facets of the development process, participates in evaluation, change, and tracking of project requirements, plans and designs software components, services, and processes, fosters strong working relationships within IT and with business groups, mentors other developers, participates in work breakdown into tasks and provides work estimates, able to lead moderate, non-critical projects, have mastery in most core technologies and tools, understands all phases of the company software development life cycle, demonstrates initiative and integrity in all aspects of work, should demonstrate good analytical skills, has a basic understanding of overall company organization, has strong understanding business partner organization and operations.
What You Should Have:
- Strong Java SE skills, preferably through release 1.7.
- Solid SQL ability and possess many of the following:
- Proficiency in Object Oriented design and programming.
- Experience with Object Relational Mapping (ORM), especially Hibernate and JPA.
- Use of web container technologies, especially Tomcat.
- Proficiency with IDE-based development, especially in Eclipse or IntelliJ.
- Proficiency building unit tests, especially using JUnit.
- Proficiency with Maven and SVN.
- XML and related technologies such as XSD, JAXB, XSLT, etc.
- Experience with large databases and systems.
- Strong knowledge of data structures.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
- Follow legal policies as directed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
What We Hope You Have:
- Experience with multiple programming languages.
- Functional programming experience.
- Experience building web services with Jersey and SpringBoot.
- Experience using web presentation technologies such as Angular and React.
- Cloud based development.
- Development on Linux.
- Experience with Maven.
- Knowledge of continuous deployment and docker.
- Experience with JMS and other async messaging protocols.
- Keen interest in new technologies and frameworks.
- Phd or Masters Desirable.
For more information or to apply today or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What We Offer:
Health insurance for employee and family
6% matched pension contribution
Long term disability insurance
Free to use office bicycles
Flexible working hours
Regular company social events
Onsite barrista - Subsidised coffee
A modern impressive workspace
What We Value:
Wellness & Balance
Corporate Social Responsibility
Innovation - through on Medium, Digital Trends, and Digital Commerce 360.
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.