Senior Software Developer - 26979
Profession: Solution Development
Work Location: Europe-Ireland-Letterkenny
PURPOSESITA’s products are used by almost every airline and airport in the world and nearly every passenger trip around the world, in one way or another, relies on one of the products, that more than 4,500 dedicated SITA employees daily are involved in creating. It is, amongst other things, this fact that makes us look forward to going to work every day and to be part of shaping the future for airports and airlines all over the world.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIESThe team of software developers in SITA (based in Letterkenny, Ireland ) is made up of a group of talented people who are dedicated to developing software the right way and we would like to have you onboard.
Here are some of the things that we believe are important and that shape how we work:
- The agile development process works and through methods such as SCRUM, the team is able to maintain an optimal focus on continuously improving and make sure that everybody actively participates and communicates to ensure success for the team.
- It is exciting and challenging to be part of the development of a larger well-functioning product, where there is time to dive deeper into different technologies instead of just scraping the surface on multiple smaller projects.
- By applying the right principles in the right situations (OOD, SOLID, design patterns etc.) code of the highest quality can be achieved, which in turn makes it easier to share and maintain.
- Microsoft’s .Net Framework is an exciting platform which supports the developer’s creativity and freedom to be innovative in all layers of even very complex solutions.
-Web development, Dependency Injection, Unit testing / mocking
-C#, ASP.NET MVC, Web API, REST, MSMQ
-SQL Server, Visual Studio, Source control systems like GIT
-Project/bug tracking systems (TFS preferred)
- To ensure the quality of the software, disciplines like TDD, CI, and regression testing through automated testing are just as important as writing the code itself.
- The possibility to evolve, learn new things and better oneself at one’s craft is a central component in ensuring that we remain up to date within a discipline that continuously changes.
- The most important part is that we enjoy and have fun with what we are doing in a relaxed and socially pleasant environment, while learning from one another.
EDUCATION- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering.
- Professional programming certification in a mainstream programming language is a plus.
EXPERIENCEMinimum of 8+ years software engineering experience in a development capacity preferably using a mainstream Object Orientated language such as c#
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS- Demonstrable development experience in c#
- Deep understanding and experience of Full Stack web and application development with either a focus expertise on Front End development with Angular.JS or Back End development with c# technology.
- Have good concept of standard, techniques, SOLID Principles.
- Work on high level design, small project.
- Experience working in Test Driven Development environments and have strong experience with Unit Testing.
- Have the mindset that Unit Test code is as important as Application code.
- Good understanding of developing from server to data base.
- Experience developing within an Agile team and Continuous Integration environment.
- Sound knowledge of and ability to apply standard software development principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Ability to develop designs for small to medium systems or features in large applications.
- Demonstrate an understanding of trade-offs and risks with programming choices.
- Demonstrate an understanding of SITA methodologies and practices.
- Ability to coordinate multiple technical streams of work to produce a complete solution.
- Ability to estimate and also lead the estimation process for small initiatives.
- Ability to work well both independently or as a member of a team.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONIf you can recognize several of the above statements, then we may be the right match for each other and we would very much like to hear from you. We are in an ongoing process of hiring people and interviews are conducted on an ongoing basis. So send your resume and other relevant documentation plus a short description of yourself in the link above.