Senior Software Engineer (Data Discovery Team)
Permanent job based in Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Excellent salary level (plus generous benefits including health, pension and bonus)
Job Reference: BBBH16956
Allen Recruitment is assisting a major International "Fortune 500", multi-billion-dollar company source an experienced Lead level Software Engineer for a new "Data Discovery" team based in Dublin.
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a Senior Engineering role in an innovative Data Discovery team where you'll be responsible for rapidly prototyping Big Data solutions for massive amounts of information - giving end users the tools to make complex data driven decisions.
- As a senior level Software Engineer, you will have proven expertise in applications development, data architecture, design, optimisation and administration
- Expertise in Big Data Development and Data Modelling
- Expertise in Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) development
- Expertise in storage engineering, data warehousing and data provisioning
- Platform-as-a-Service and Cloud Development with a focus on data stores and associated eco systems Management of design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, ensuring strict data quality, and performing needs assessments
- Analyse current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging data storage and retrieval system capabilities.
- Ability to generate clear diagrams specifications and other artefacts to support agile development methodology
- Minimum Degree educated (ideally Masters) in a computer science or related discipline
- Expertise recommending, designing and implementing modern, reusable and efficient technical architectures
- Experience working within an Agile development environment including scrum and story tracking
- Experience building cloud enabled applications supporting micro service deployment
- Expertise in Java, along with other query and scripting tools like Python
- Significant knowledge of Web Services (SOAP, REST APIs, XML, JSON)
- Excellent communication skills - able to present explanations and information to others with or without a technical background
- Provide ongoing expertise to operational support groups in order to address identified application problems/issues, as requested
- Experience using design patterns (MVC, IoC, etc.)
- Experience working on a technology product in a production environment that is cloud enabled (Azure, AWS, G3)
- General knowledge of programming and databases, not dependent on technology (i.e. has a good grasp of the basics -- processes, threads, database, etc.)
Desired Skills (not essential):
- Expert Microsoft Development Stack (.NET C#, ASP.NET, JAVA, SQL Server etc.) skills
- Knowledge of TDD, CI pipeline and associated pipeline tooling
- AI skills and understanding of the concepts
This is a fantastic career opportunity within a new team which is part of an established, mature operation here in Dublin City Centre.
Interested in this opportunity?
Apply today for more information:
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040