FINEOS projects require highly motivated individuals who thrive in a technically challenging landscape. This is not a pure "development" role - an aptitude for considering the bigger picture, the knowledge to consider all options, the innovation to select the best solution, and the determination to take the solution to completion, while maintaining a focus on delivering quality and value to the customer.
- Working as a member of a team or on their own to deliver high quality and maintainable software solutions, to strict deadlines.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, relied upon for critical tasks and accept leadership roles when called upon to do so.
- Participate in the software development lifecycle; technical analysis and design, development and unit test phases.
- Interacting with internal and external customers of the organisation, to clarify requirements, design and develop solutions.
- Mentoring of less experienced staff where appropriate e.g. development best practices, peer review of designs, code and tests.
- Working effectively with Test Engineering Team to resolve open issues in an efficient manner.
- Ability to identify, deliver and drive improvements and innovations within the development area.
- Compile and review estimates around all technical aspects of a solution
- Ensure all aspects of good design and construction are delivered, including:
- Performance, scalability and security
- Modularity, interoperability and upgradability
- Work with peers within the client organization to ensure a successful delivery
- Work closely with the Lead Technical and Business Consultants to review requirements handover
- Provide detailed planning and tracking information to Development leads and project management
- Work closely with Solution Architects for direction and compliance
- Deploy FINEOS solutions in house and onsite
- Advanced Troubleshooting of FINEOS solutions
- Promote and live the FINEOS values and increase positive relations with team, customers, prospects and partners.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing web based Java applications and integrations.
- Strong experience in a technically challenging development role
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Strong JAVA development skills
- including JEE technologies such as:
o JSP, JMS, JPA, JSF, JNDI or XML related technologies
o Application servers: Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat o Databases: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
o Development Tools: Apache Ant, Maven, Junit, Eclipse, Subversion
- Experience using one or more of the following middleware and integration technologies: SOAP (over HTTP/JMS), WebsphereMQ, SOA, AquaLogic (Oracle Service Bus)
- Good general technical knowledge, focus on quality with an appreciation of the customer deliverables
- Experience in the development of large scale HTML based java applications
- Provide detailed planning and tracking information to project management
- Review estimates around all technical aspects of a solution
- Committed to creating readable, reliable and maintainable code and come up to speed quickly on new technologies.