On behalf of our client, new to Donegal, we are seeking experienced Software Engineers able to deliver solutions in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You’ll have a proven track record of designing and building software while exercising sound architectural judgement, utilising best practices, and maintaining quality code.
Working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, you will apply keen technical understanding, appreciation for simplicity, quality, and critical thinking. Your expertise will be instrumental in driving organisational change as we move the team to a more lean development framework that enables thoroughness and increased velocity of value delivery across our product portfolio.
Specifically, a Senior Software Engineer will create, design, code, debug, maintain, test, and collaborate and communicate with appropriate parties. Participate in our software development lifecycle, and value delivery procedures. Maintain and utilise documentation in the development of code. Recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local laws, processes and best practices, including but not limited to The Equality Commission, HM Revenue and Customs.
- Deliver high quality, well crafted and tested code to production.
- Be willing and comfortable to participate in software development tasks as required – player / coach.
- With a focus on pragmatism and simplicity, understand the trade-offs between performance, scale, and business value.
- Help build a collaborative, transparent culture of trust where team members are empowered and inspired to do their best work, and drive learning and employee advancement.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to deliver great products and solve customer problems as needed.
- Support the product team and planning process to deliver great products and ensure all deadlines and needs of the business are being met.
- Participate in our lean/agile processes collaboratively with the teams, and enable new development techniques or processes to reduce complexity, promote quality, and increase velocity.
- Help junior engineers grow in their career paths, learning new technologies and tackling increasingly challenging projects.
- Drive efficiency in your teams by eliminating blocks and focusing efforts on tooling, continuous integration/delivery and maintainable automation testing.
- Support a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Able to understand and coordinate the development of cross-team features between engineering teams, product managers and our technical operations team.
- Support our ongoing system and process documentation methods.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development
- A strong background in object-oriented programming in a language such as Ruby, Java, C#, Objective-C or C++
- Ruby on Rails, Angular, React, React Native experience a plus
- Mobile native or cross-platform experience with React Native, Xamarin, Objective-C, or similar frameworks and languages a plus
- A willingness to participate in architecture, design, and development activities as required
- Hands-on experience resolving performance and scalability issues of SaaS-based applications
- Experience with automated testing solutions (BDD, Unit Testing, System Testing)
- Familiar with diverse, complex problems and adept at devising reasonable solutions or ample alternatives
- Experience with designing, building and deploying secure, scalable services in the SaaS environments
- Strong fluency in Agile/Lean software practices
- Tolerant of high degrees of ambiguity, and good at resolving uncertainty and setting direction. Willing to backtrack, seek multiple solutions and experiment to validate approaches
- Creative, Investigative, Innovative, Insightful and able to make technical leaps, finding novel solutions
- Excellent communication skills, able to listen to and share ideas, effectively present concepts and work with remote teams
- Effective and comfortable working with high-level management.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or a related field
Meaningful career opportunity for qualified candidate. Submit a current CV with cover letter highlighting salary expectations and earliest start date for immediate interview. Visa application / sponsorship not available for this position, candidate needs to be able to work in Ireland.