Cpl have partnered exclusively with a global Fintech company, who require a Senior Software Engineer to join their expanding team in a permanent capacity.
This market leading fintech is based in Nenagh, Tipperary – although this role involves remote working for the time being.
The Senior Software Engineer will, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary delivery team, design and develop software applications based on defined requirements.
- Contribute significantly to implementing and documenting technical solutions within a collaborative, high trust, solutions delivery team that will contain scrum masters, product owners, architects, other engineers (developers, test engineers and technical delivery engineers).
- Work within an agile delivery process to deliver high quality estimates and outcomes for complex projects.
- Support the architectural direction, solution specification, development, implementation and delivery of new and existing applications or services.
- Embrace emerging technologies and keep abreast of new frameworks, tools and programming languages.
- Be a proactive stakeholder in code quality, coding to standards, secure code (understanding of OWASP) and overall product quality.
- Be responsible for the execution of the full suite of development tasks in a modern delivery pipeline, including validation activities (such as unit, component, system integration and regression testing) and infrastructure activities (such as IAC within automated pipelines).
- Creation of monitoring and logging solutions to allow for state-of-the-art monitoring of the enterprise applications within the production environment.
- Partner with developers, analysts, and tech leads across the enterprise to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions
- Support the developed solutions in production in a build it own it model.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in designing, developing and implementing software applications/, some of which is preferably in a tech lead/leadership role.
- Full stack development experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as computer science, business informatics or mathematics. Comparable education or professional experience also considered.
- Excellent knowledge in JEE/Spring, JAVA 8, Maven, Shell-Scripting.
- Experience with micro-service architectures and linux based operating systems
- Experienced in runtime, build and deployment technologies as well as project tools, e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ, GitLab, JIRA and Confluence.
- Knowledge of modern database technologies (relational/non-relational).
- Knowledge of virtual infrastructure and associated services (e.g. public cloud) as well as containerization and orchestration technologies (ideally docker, pcf, kubernetes).
- Can do, will do open-minded attitude. You will wear many hats; some you will be familiar with and others will be an opportunity to develop.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious professional, looking for a challenging role with vast career progression opportunities and an attractive remuneration package.
Please apply now or contact email@example.com to arrange a confidential chat.