Senior Software Manager (Java)
Excellent opportunity for a highly experienced Java Developer to work for a growing Software Development Company based in Co. Louth as their Software Development Manager on a permanent basis.
As the Software Development Manager, you will lead a team of Software Developers in an agile environment to deliver the first-of-its-kind software solutions.
- Degree in IT.
- Full working permit to work in Ireland.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leading software developers.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience acting as Scrum Master in a software development team
- Experience in software project management.
- Experience of performing development and software testing throughout the software development lifecycle ideally in a Linux environment.
- Experience of running Sprint Planning.
- Highly experienced with Confluence, Jira or Slack
- Excellent skills in communications and leadership.
- Lead and mentor the software development team.
- Facilitate discussion, conflict resolution and decision making.
- Work closely with Senior Management regarding any communications internally/externally to improve transparency.
- Identify project tasks and resource requirements as well as the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Proactively manage project risks and issues providing appropriate issues escalation to the necessary levels
- Define metrics to correlate elapsed time with scope of work completion
- Drive the team to improve their engineering practices and tools so that each increment of functionality is potentially shippable.
- Develops and maintains expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope.
- Project Status Reporting
- Maintains the Scrum team capacity plan, Scrum board, sprint backlog, velocity charts and burn down charts
- Identifies and helps remove impediments to the success of the Sprint
- Identifies and communicates potential risks to the completion of the Sprints, including resources, costs, and systems. Recommends appropriate solutions
- Directs appropriate and timely communication with all department managers and customers throughout the life of the sprints
- Assists in the negotiations with the appropriate department managers for assignment of skilled resources that are not members of the Scrum team
- Supporting and working closely with the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
Please apply with your latest CV through the link provided alternatively, you can call Shaqira in confidence on 041 986 5058.
For more information, please visit www.osborne.ie